Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So Disappointed...

I cannot believe that after last year's 1-5 that the same thing is happening again.  You can't lose back-to-back home games to ULM and Wyoming….it's just unacceptable.  How does a team with such an experienced offense look so terrible?  How can an offensive line full of upperclassmen get 3 penalties on the final drive?  How does a defense, as young as it may be, get pushed around so badly when all they need is one final stop?

I don't know the answer to turning this around, but something MUST change.  Losing games like the last 2 cannot be tolerated by a team that expects to contend.

Back to the top

Re: So Disappointed...

Sometimes this is what a team needs to come together, for a leader to step up.

Now lets get out there and sweep the rest of the competition.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Sometimes this is what a team needs to come together, for a leader to step up.

Now lets get out there and sweep the rest of the competition.

Well we have 7 SBC games left and we need to win them all.  I'd love to say we will, but unless this team can find some sort of identity on offense and the defense grows a backbone, we are in trouble this year.  Now we have a BYE week.  My guess is that it won't be a fun time for our players.
Back to the top

Suicides are in order (the drill)

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I have never seen so many penalties in one game…ever.  It's embarrassing.

At least one coach needs to be fired tomorrow.  I do not care which one or if it is warranted.  Howard needs to do it to show he has control of this team because it appears that no one does right now.  I say it should be someone on offense, because someone on defense should have been fired years ago so why do it now.  An offensive coach needs to be fired tomorrow.  If no one is fired within the next few days, it means this is acceptable and it is not.
Back to the top

fauowl said

At least one coach needs to be fired tomorrow.  I do not care which one or if it is warranted.  Howard needs to do it to show he has control of this team because it appears that no one does right now.  I say it should be someone on offense, because someone on defense should have been fired years ago so why do it now.  An offensive coach needs to be fired tomorrow.  If no one is fired within the next few days, it means this is acceptable and it is not.

No one is getting fired.  You think it would make a difference?  The coaches aren't out on the field having penalties called on them.  Even UCF would kick our @$$ this year.  This is a joke of a football season so far.  Honestly, 5-7 or 6-6 is looking like a best case scenario.  I don't know if we can beat Ark St. or MTSU.  And don't even think about Troy. 
Back to the top

One of the thing our Defense needs to learn how to do is what Miami does….the "ow that hurts" quick break.

Especially against Wyoming, and specifically on that last drive, an Owl should have "cramped up" or something to break up the momentum and give the rest of the defense a break..

Back to the top

fauowl said

IMO, nobody will be fired during the season.  What is the point?  Who would you even hire?  Anyone worth hiring is currently on someone's staff.  For this season, improvement will have to come from within.  If this continues though, I would expect changes to be made after the season.  
Back to the top

The point of firing is to stir things up.  We never fire anyone in mid-season because we can't afford to go get another coach and everyone knows it so we have a very complacent coaching staff.  Fire Jackson and promote Brohm.  He can do both jobs and save us money.  If we think he cannot do it, then fire him instead.  Make a statement.  No it will not change the outcome of our season, it never does.  But make a statement that status quo is not good and that every job and every coach can be replaced.  It will be a good motivator.
Back to the top

So Disappointed...

fauowl said

The point of firing is to stir things up.  We never fire anyone in mid-season because we can't afford to go get another coach and everyone knows it so we have a very complacent coaching staff.  Fire Jackson and promote Brohm.  He can do both jobs and save us money.  If we think he cannot do it, then fire him instead.  Make a statement.  No it will not change the outcome of our season, it never does.  But make a statement that status quo is not good and that every job and every coach can be replaced.  It will be a good motivator.

I don't think fear is a particuarly good motivator.  I think you replace someone when a better option is available.  Right now, bringing someone in mid-season or just bumping someone else from the staff up doesn't seem like it would accomplish much.  I'm all for change, but it has to be the right change and it has to make sense. 
Back to the top
Control functions: