Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Heated words on field after game between Hoza and Christensen...

Not sure what this was about yet, but Owls DC Coach Hoza and HC for Wyoming Dave Christensen had some words with one another after the game…

This was two photos…tried to get them to match together as closely as possible…

Photo's courtesy: Bob Markey

Back to the top

Re: Heated words on field after game between Hoza and Christensen...

Coach Kirk Hoza and Wyoming Coach Dave Christensen almost came to blows on the field just after the game regarding Hoza's claim that Wyoming was cheating. Hoza said afterward UNLV accused Wyoming of the same offense and would report it to the NCAA.

The coaches exchanged a verbal barrage and finally, Christensen uttered a couple of profanity-laden statements ending in "we kicked your fxxxxxx asses!" Police, other coaches and players has to step in between the coaches.

Hoza and the FAU team were upset that officials allowed 47 second to tick off the clock as Wyoming was waiting to punt for the last time and FAU needed the time to try to move the ball and score. The Wyoming QB was fighting for yardage and was forced out of bounds, but the officials let the clock wind down, apparently ruling his forward motion was stopped.

Earlier in the game, Wyoming appeared to have scored on a fake field goal pass, but the play was called back because of what the officials called an offensive personal foul.
Back to the top

Christensen - "Yo defense so fat they can't keep up with white boys from Wyoming!"
Hoza - "At least I don't have to go home to my ugly wife back in BFE Wyoming!"

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Gotta love Hoza….giving that fat **** a piece of his mind.
Back to the top

Did Wyo try to cheat? Yes.  Did the time situation have anything to do with Wyo? I don't think so, just a controversial call from the officials

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

The only thing I saw Wyo players doing was moving on the defensevive line making our guys have false starts. It was never picked up by the refs but everyone in my section (204) clearly saw it. Is that cheating? I dunno but they never got caught so good for them I guess

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Why is Hoza wearing Wyoming colors in the photo???

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Neither coach looks very good after a display such as this. And the one on the losing side – that would be FAU's side – looks worse. You win some (we hope) and you lose some (we know). There's a difference between showing legitimate passion and two adults (?) showing their asses. The truth is pretty simple, though not pleasant: Wyoming traveled thousands of miles (round trip) and beat the Owls on the Owls' home field. When it was time for the FAU defense to stop the Cowboys, it didn't happen. Period. I don't like it either, but that doesn't change the facts.
Back to the top

grayowl said

Neither coach looks very good after a display such as this. And the one on the losing side – that would be FAU's side – looks worse. You win some (we hope) and you lose some (we know). There's a difference between showing legitimate passion and two adults (?) showing their asses. The truth is pretty simple, though not pleasant: Wyoming traveled thousands of miles (round trip) and beat the Owls on the Owls' home field. When it was time for the FAU defense to stop the Cowboys, it didn't happen. Period. I don't like it either, but that doesn't change the facts.

Very true. The FAU defense gave up 400+ yards to Wyoming. Not all of that came from Wyoming "cheating." Poor sportsmanship on Hoza's part.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Heated words on field after game between Hoza and Christensen...

Hoza has had weak, soft defense here for years. He does not really challange them and in this era of spread, hurry up offense, that is BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: