Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Hold the Tomatoes"...But, there were some positives from today...

Today was the 100th game in FAU's very SHORT Football History…

Cortez Gent broke the FAU career reception record with his 137th catch…(Welcome back by the way!)

Tavious Polo became the #3 all time leader in career interceptions (9)…

The Owls did have three sacks on the day/night; which was a season high - so far…

We now return you to regularly scheduled programming…to lament, and mourn an 0-4 start!

:'(
Back to the top

Re: "Hold the Tomatoes"...But, there were some positives from today...

It's hard to look at positive's when you see the same thing every week.  FAU could go 6-6 and make a low profile bowl, win it and I would still be very disappointed.
Back to the top

"Hold the Tomatoes"...But, there were some positives from today...

A lot of the mistakes being made are very correctable. 
Back to the top

I'm all for looking at the positives from losses to Nebraska and South Carolina…If you are losing home games to ULM or Wyoming, there is nothing positive to be taken from those games.  I'm not going to be calling for anyone's firing, but they better fix this season and fast or there will have to be changes made after the season.  This team should be 2-2 right now.  0-4 shouldn't be accecptable to anyone.

The upsetting part is they make the same mistakes over and over again.  They played poorly against ULM, got angry, supposedly had a good week of practice, said all the right things, and then went out and played the exact same game they played the week before!  Nothing was corrected.  ULM and Wyoming were the same team.  They ran basically the same offense and we didn't have any answers.  The offense came out looked great on the first posession and then reverted back to the same bland, penalty-riddled offense that didn't work the week before.  That is my problem here.  There is no progress.  I excepted to see a team play the same way we played in the 2nd half last season out there and what I got was more of the same.

I read this quote from Polo:

"That was good play calling," said FAU defensive back Tavious Polo, "we thought they would be passing."

Umm, at what point do you realize they aren't going to pass the ball, and decide to try and stop the run?  On that last drive, nobody tackled a runner until they were 8 yards doen field.  Sorry for the rant….just sooo fustrating!!!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

ULM and Wyoming were the same team.  They ran basically the same offense and we didn't have any answers.

Pretty much!

And we get to see it all over again in two weeks when we got to UNT, and will undoubtedly be underdogs…….
Back to the top
Control functions: