Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIVE THINGS I KNOW ABOUT FAU AFTER THE 0-4 START

I will always support FAU, but some things are apparent after the start of this season.

1) I as well as many others overestimated and overhyped this team.

2) Rusty is not a legit NFL prospect. Maybe he was as a sophomore, but he is not now.

3) The defense needs lots of help.

4) Coaching changes are in order.

5) This team lacks discipline.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FIVE THINGS I KNOW ABOUT FAU AFTER THE 0-4 START

Hmmmmmmm…

Well, some of it seems to be warranted…BUT:

Out of sheer curiosity, wanted to know if you would hold these points if we won the last two games??

So, my point is, over 4 points, comes the above 5 points ;D

Cause we lost the last two games by a combined 4 points…….
Back to the top

Agreed Rick.  We have had most of these coaches through 2 bowl victories and a conference championship.  To me, the Owls have always been a heart attack team.  Can anyone remember a game where we destroyed our opponent? No because it doesn't happen.  We beat teams like North Texas and WKU by 1 or 2 points, even when we win the conference.

My contention is that we are pretty much the same as we always have been, just a little bit less lucky, a little less leadership (real leadership, not just being a senior)….and in the end this was an OOC game.  Yes we lost to ULM, but by 2, and FIU lost to them by a whole lot today so maybe ULM is the upper or upper middle of the Sun Belt.  That means so are we and we can compete with every team left on our schedule and win if we focus on fixing our problems.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Rick said

Hmmmmmmm…

Well, some of it seems to be warranted…BUT:

Out of sheer curiosity, wanted to know if you would hold these points if we won the last two games??

So, my point is, over 4 points, comes the above 5 points ;D

Cause we lost the last two games by a combined 4 points…….

I would be happier if we won the last two, but if the performances were the same in terms of coaching, discipline, and overall player performance I would still hold the same opinion. The points are a result of performance.

Let me clarify:

1) FAU has not performed up to what many of us expected in the preseason. Now that might mean that we had our hopes too high or that they underachieved. Either way I stand by that one.

2) Win or lose Rusty has not looked like an NFL caliber QB. He has not played as well as he has shown to be capable of playing and there are a lot of QBs who are better than him out there. That doesn't mean he isn't good. He just is not as good as some might want us to believe.

3) Giving up 400 yards per game indicates that the defense needs help.

4) By coaching changes I am not calling for anyone's head. I am saying that strategy and scheme should be addressed and the coaches need to get more out of the talent that the players possess.

5) The shear number of penalties and dropped balls through 4 games indicates a lack of discipline.

I don't think anyone can legitimately argue against any of these points.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I would be happier if we won the last two, but if the performances were the same in terms of coaching, discipline, and overall player performance I would still hold the same opinion. The points are a result of performance.

Let me clarify:

1) FAU has not performed up to what many of us expected in the preseason. Now that might mean that we had our hopes too high or that they underachieved. Either way I stand by that one.

2) Win or lose Rusty has not looked like an NFL caliber QB. He has not played as well as he has shown to be capable of playing and there are a lot of QBs who are better than him out there. That doesn't mean he isn't good. He just is not as good as some might want us to believe.

4) By coaching changes I am not calling for anyone's head. I am saying that strategy and scheme should be addressed and the coaches need to get more out of the talent that the players possess.

5) The shear number of penalties and dropped balls through 4 games indicates a lack of discipline.

GO OWLS!!!

This is good reading material for tommorow's breakfast!

Couldn't agree more, and was not trying to "argue" your points previously…just "discussing" ;D
Back to the top

FIVE THINGS I KNOW ABOUT FAU AFTER THE 0-4 START

Rick said

owlfan1 said

Let me clarify:

GO OWLS!!!

This is good reading material for tommorow's breakfast!

Couldn't agree more, and was not trying to "argue" your points previously…just "discussing" ;D

No problem Rick. I know exactly where you were coming from with that. I posed a similar question last year to people who were complaining about the frustrating losses. My mindset is that we are playing poorly win or lose. Sure I would prefer to win, but I would also prefer for the team to play up to their potential.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: