Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Thank you Coach for all that you have done

but your time at FAU has to come to an end.
Back to the top

Re: Thank you Coach for all that you have done

Nope

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Think we may need a new forum to contain all of the "calling for the Coach's Head" threads that may be started…….

:D

But seriously:

Whaaa??

Take a "quick peek" in the archives for last year and see that Hope still resounds?

1-5 start last year.

Result:

Bowl Game.

Bowl Win.

RESOUNDING win at that.

Don't dismount until the Horse is dead.

Any questions?

I need to go to bed…….

;D

Nite all!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

hoot4fau said

No offense but that is one of the dumbest statements posted on here.  What better quality coach are we going to find that will settle for playing in a piece of crap stadium even by high school standards?  Who else is going to settle for an average salary with a resume like Howard's?  Maybe we should call Pete Carroll, Mack Brown,….wait I'll be a little bit more realistic maybe we can lure Mike Stoops away from Arizona….. ::)
Back to the top

hoot4fau said

Coach will be here as long as he wants and he deserves to be here as long as he wants.

Remember when people were calling for Paterno's head a few years back??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I have been a fan of Howard Schnellenberger, I am a fan and I shall continue to be a fan. He is not the problem, and by a long shot. He is the guy who essentially got us a football team, who got us through 100 games, who won a conference championship, who won two bowl games, who finished third nationally in Division 1-AA, who put up with maddening delays on the stadium, who dealt with insufficient budgets and who kept up his enthusiasm in the face of disappointing support for the team. He also is a class act. Now, am I disappointed with the losses? Sure. (And I was elated by the victories.) Do I think things are getting better and will continue to do so? Yes. (They have been, and they'll contine to do so.) All of this is because – in large part – of the coach.
Back to the top

I don't think the problem is H.S., his staff needs to step it up. I don't blame our players on defense either, Frantz was a real leader on that side of the ball, and its time for someone else to step up to the task.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Rick said

Think we may need a new forum to contain all of the "calling for the Coach's Head" threads that may be started…….

:D

But seriously:

Whaaa??

Take a "quick peek" in the archives for last year and see that Hope still resounds?

1-5 start last year.

Result:

Bowl Game.

Bowl Win.

RESOUNDING win at that.

Don't dismount until the Horse is dead.

Any questions?

I need to go to bed…….

;D

Nite all!

GO OWLS!

Everyone that defends our poor start by saying "but last year we started 1-5.." are missing the point… We should be getting BETTER every year with the same group of athletes, not staying the course. 

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Thank you Coach for all that you have done

It's College Football, not the NFL….to say that you should get better every year is ridiculous due to the constant turnover.  We have two consecutive bowl victories which means the only area above that is more wins, and a BCS bowl game.  The talent just ISNT there for that and we will, as always, have to fight and scrape for every game in the Sun Belt.

We lost 3 in the Belt last year, an improvement is only losing 1 or 2.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: