Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Don Shula or Tony Robbins? No need for PANIC.......WHAT?

Please don't panic when you read this–I'm just trying to have fun ;D

Maybe we can talk Don Shula out of retirement to be our offensive coordinator :o  OR Maybe we could talk the JAW into coming in for a few weeks to instill some discipline in this team?

Maybe we could have Tony Robbins come in and motivate this team ;D  I'm sorry, but I had HIGH expectations for a team with the likes of Rusty Smith, Jason Harmon, Willie Rose, etc……I felt that our offense could put up enough points to make up for a young Defense!

Let's face it, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO COACHING!  Do we blame the kids?  No!  We blame the people being paid money to produce WINS!

It's Sunday morning and church did not make me feel any better about being 0 & 4!  We truly should be 2 & 2!!!!!

BY THE WAY!  I still believe we will make a bowl!

GO OWLS!  I pray!  
Back to the top

Re: Don Shula or Tony Robbins? No need for PANIC.......WHAT?

When you say don't blame the kids, only blame the coaches I balk….what if it actually is the kids? (I assume that is a possibility)

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Don Shula or Tony Robbins? No need for PANIC.......WHAT?

SeminOWL2006 said

When you say don't blame the kids, only blame the coaches I balk….what if it actually is the kids? (I assume that is a possibility)

Some of this falls on the players. The coaches aren't causing false starts, holding, or dropping the ball. I agree that coaching has something to do with it, but the players are also responsible.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

It's OK to play the devils advocate, however our offensive and defensive coordinators have done nothing to adjust their game plan mid stream this year!  Yes you're right–the kids have to take some of the blame–but again they are not being paid to WIN!

PLEASE JUST ASK YOURSELF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

How many times can I remember bone head plays this season?

How many times would just handing the ball off to Morris/Rose would of done the job?

How many times have you asked yourself this season–WTF were they thinking???

All I'm saying is that we need to hold someone accountable and we deserve better!!!
Back to the top

It goes both ways, but the kids are getting paid to play (with scholarships)….

The problem with our run game is that defenses always adjust to it.  It looks awesome the first quarter or first half, but then they plug it up and we are stuck on 3rd down with 7 yds to go and have to pray for a catch and a first down.  50% of the time it doesn't work, and we have to punt.  Maybe we need more diverse playcalling within the category "run" but rarely do I see our running game pulling out the same kind of numbers in the second half as it does in the first.

Then by the end we are scrambling with what little time we have left to try and get the lead that all we do is pass.  When that happens we usually can't get it done.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: