Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jarvis Givens

Does anyone know what happend to Jarvis Givens #93?? Was it a spinal injury??? Fill me in people!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Re: Jarvis Givens

I believe that it was a stinger and he's expected to be fine.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I believe that it was a stinger and he's expected to be fine.

Yeah, he was taken to Broward General as a precationary measure, and released shortly thereafter…

Head and neck you have to do that…can't take those things too lightly!
Back to the top

Jarvis Givens

Great to hear that he is fine :)
Back to the top

Yeh get that big boy back out there, we need all the help on the line we can get!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Ted had this to offer today…

Givens could return for UNT
Back to the top

Here's the latest:

Jarvis Givens hoping to return for North Texas
by Tom D'Angelo
Jarvis Givens has been a spectator at practice this week, not yet cleared to play. But the big defensive tackle is optimistic he will be on the field next Saturday at North Texas.

Given spoke to reporters Thursday for the first time since Lockhart Stadium went silent as he laid on the ground for several minutes during the first quarter of the Owls’ 30-28 loss to Wyoming Saturday, seemingly not moving. Givens, his family and teammates were scared of not knowing what was happening. Today’s story on the Palm Beach Post talks about those scary moments from Jarvis’ perspective along with that of his parents, Arthur and Mildred. And the play can be found as part of the game highlights on FAUOwlAccess.com

Given, who has become an important part of coach Rod Payne’s defensive tackles rotation, was hit from the side and fell into the quarterback. “I don’t remember hitting the quarterback,” he said.

A lot of prayers were answered when Givens said he could feel his legs and then waved with his right hand as he was leaving the field after he was rolled onto a board, lifted - it took a lot of manpower to hoist the 305 pounder - and placed on a cart.

Givens suffered a severe burner, which is when the nerves from the spinal cord to the shoulder and arm are stretched. Preliminary tests showed no neck or spinal cord injury.

Payne felt a lot better when he saw Givens move.

“The silver lining, it was nothing,” Payne said. “We saw Jarvis move. There was probably not much doubt that he was fine.”

Then incident will prompt coach Howard Schnellenberger to ask the doctors and medical personnel to relay information to the sidelines quicker.

“I couldn’t get any information,” he said. “I dislike being out there and looking over doctors’ shoulders. We finally did but I’m going to insist we get someone to be a messenger from the doctors out there to the squad that is pulling and praying for their teammate.”

Here’s wishing Givens a full recovery and hoping his can rejoin his mates at North Texas.
Back to the top

Givens is listed as probable for ULL, but is behind Dino Cox on the Depth Chart.

Dino hasn't done much this season and as FAU already gives up more Pts/G and more Yds/G than virtually every other team in the nation, should the Coaching staff look into giving Givens the top spot?

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top
Control functions: