Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Let's talk JVC

Prior to the start of the season, Coach said that he would put back-up QB Jeff Vancamp in the second and fourth quarter of each game to get him some experience before taking the reigns of the team next year.

CMP  ATT  YDS  CMP%  YDS/A  TD  INT  RAT
8       20     111   40.0     5.55     0     0   86.6

Not the greatest #s. With the season looking bleak and JVC not putting up Rusty Smith #s, should Coach give Wilbert or Kooi some game-day experience? (Assuming they aren't red-shirted).

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Re: Let's talk JVC

Let's talk JVC

I don't about anyone else, but we need some Kooi Aid

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Van Camp was playing great against Nebraska. He will be good for us. Kooi can get some snaps next year.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

I'm a big JVC backer.  I think he"ll be decent for us next year.
Back to the top

He's done a good job so far this season managing the game when he is in there…Much better then a year ago.
Back to the top

When you give JVC the same team that Rusty plays with, then you can compare numbers. He also needs to play more than 1 series - that is almost worthless. Is Coach S. afraid JVC will look better than Rusty ??????
Personally, I don't care what it takes to WIN and everyone should be fair game if you are not performing well on that day.
Back to the top

The Wilbert and Kooi will be very interesting next year, both guys came in together and seem to be maturing at about the same pace. I believe JVC will be fine. 
Back to the top

You can not compare Rusty & Jeff or give an accurate description of Jeff's performance just by the numbers.

The problems that is plaguing this team does not fall on any one player, but ALL of them.  Play as a team…Win as a team…Lose as a team.
Back to the top

Bytor said

You can not compare Rusty & Jeff or give an accurate description of Jeff's performance just by the numbers.

The problems that is plaguing this team does not fall on any one player, but ALL of them.  Play as a team…Win as a team…Lose as a team.

I wasn't blaming our loses on Jeff. My concern is regarding our QB situation for next year:

If you rewind the clock back to 2006, QB Sean Clayton (a Michigan State transfer) was the more mature (a Junior) and experience (played a little in '05) QB. For those reasons, FAU expected him to start. But then came Rusty and he won the job.

So rather than wait until spring to find out that Kooi or Wilbert will take over JVC job, let's get them some playing time to see what they can do.

I don't see Kooi or Wilbert seeing action this season unless, something happens to either Rusty or Jeff.  I's assuming that the #1 position will be open for competition come spring with Jeff holding the edge…the battle for the #2 position will be interesting thought.  All three shouldl get a good amount of snaps during the pre-season.

Jeff does bring some similar traits as Embick did…good scrambling abilities.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

I don't see either Kooi or Wilbert seeing the field this season, unless Rusty or Jeff get injured  :-X

All three should get a ton of snaps during pre-season and IMO the #1 position will be an open competition during spring with Jeff have the edge.  The battle for the #2 spot should be a good one.

Jeff does have good scrambling abilities similar to Embick.
Back to the top
Control functions: