Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

looks like soon

looks like soon

we will have another for sure bowl tie.
this one is in orlando!  ;D

http://www.curebowl.com/
Back to the top

Re: looks like soon

Awesome ;)
Back to the top

Talon said

Awesome ;)

What does UCF get out of this?
Back to the top

I don't like all the "Tentative" and "TBD" on this but it is a great start and great cause !
I wonder what # CUSA and Sunbelt team would be paired - I would still assume 7 wins is needed.
Back to the top

Who cares, after all it is their stadium! But great for the Belt and it will be much better publicity wise and viewer wise than the NO Bowl, with the tie in to the cancer efforts!
Back to the top

I don't understand how they can keep adding bowls when there are only so many teams that will be eligible, and they froze teams that want to transition to FBS…so where are those extra wins coming from?

BTW I think we should schedule Colgate for our Home Opener in 2011, a little revenge is in order.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I can't wait for the day when there are too many bowls for the number of eligible teams.
Back to the top

Unless they allow two FCS games to count towards bowl eligibility and "encourage" every team to play at least one FCS team per year the FBS can't support the 1000 bowls ESPN wants to have.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Well the good is that with the present rules, more of our "lower" level conference teams will get a bowl appearance, there were four left out last season!
Back to the top

The said

I can't wait for the day when there are too many bowls for the number of eligible teams.

Seriously. I mean, okay, the Sun Belt needed another bowl tie-in. When you have bowls taking the 6th or 7th best BCS team in a conference, it's time to move on. In an ideal world it wouldn't be anymore but the top three teams in each conference. But where there's money to be made, as bowl will be born.
Back to the top
Control functions: