Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I-95 improvements in Boca Raton could be a long way off

Add topic

"Could it take another 15 years before Interstate 95 improvements come to Boca Raton?

That is what's projected in a long-range transportation plan by the Palm Beach Metropolitan Planning Organization. It shows no funding until 2025 for a proposed new interchange at Spanish River Boulevard and an expansion of the highway from six lanes to up to 12 lanes from Glades Road to Linton Boulevard."

Full Story
Back to the top

This is a great way to combat unemployment

Someone at FAU and the local governments HAS TOO push for this "stimulus" money to make the I-95 improvements NOW! What a great way to add construction jobs in S FLA to counter the unemployment level, help the community and help FAU! Is everyone asleep at the wheel? Throw in just $10M for the stadium/housing (a drop in the bucket and the school will raise the rest) and think of how the Boca/FAU area will be upgraded and of the thousands of jobs created!
Sad to think I graduated from FAU with my degree in Urban and Regional Planning in '79 but I don't se much if any pro-active action going on down there to sgo after and secure these funds for totally legitamite uses, I hope I am wrong but no action usually means no effort!
Back to the top

Re: I-95 improvements in Boca Raton could be a long way off

I-95 improvements in Boca Raton could be a long way off

Georgia Owl…you are an FAU Urban Planner too? Awesome!

It doesn't help that Boca doesn't want the stadium…They say that we need the interchange to build the stadium while probably lobbying against the interchange when we aren't paying attention.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: I-95 improvements in Boca Raton could be a long way off

the planning program is representing itself very well on here
Back to the top
Control functions: