Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN.com article on Jarvis...

Add topic

Nice article by Andy Katz!

=====================================

Mike Jarvis is down to one car, which his wife is driving. So rather than get a rental while he waits to get another, he has his son, Mike Jarvis II, pick him up every morning to take him to work at Florida Atlantic University.

"It's allowing me to feel big time," Jarvis said by phone from his Boca Raton, Fla., home. "I have a chauffer."

The 64-year-old Jarvis paused for a moment, reflecting on where his career has taken him at this later stage in his coaching life.

Full Article
Back to the top

Re: ESPN.com article on Jarvis...

ESPN.com article on Jarvis...

Err…

"I don't know if he's not going anywhere else, but he's committed to making this as good a program as he can…"
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Err…

"I don't know if he's not going anywhere else, but he's committed to making this as good a program as he can…"

I'd rather hear that than "He's committed to Florida Atlantic University and he is not going anywhere" then next season after a drastic turn around with this program he leaves for greener pastures. I understand we're a stepping stone school for now but just don't lie and say you're going to be here and then first chance you get you're gone. He just said basically for right now this is his job and this is what he's focusing on

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

OK, let's lay this to rest…

Spoke to Coach today after the teams first practice of the 2009-2010 season - which went well…will have more on that later.

For now, here's what he had to say about the quote from Jarvis II:

Question:

You don't have any plans to go anywhere?

Coach Jarvis: "He's is my son…he's not me…he can't speak for me. He said basically what he should say".

Question: You've got to be here long enough to win 100 games, right?

Coach Jarvis: (laughs) "I want to be here long enough to win 100 games. My intention is to be here for a long time. I'd like to hope that I'll be hear until I don't coach anymore in College…Mike's (Jarvis II) more likely to leave here than I am."

More later…
Back to the top

Rick said

OK, let's lay this to rest…

Spoke to Coach today after the teams first practice of the 2009-2010 season - which went well…will have more on that later.

For now, here's what he had to say about the quote from Jarvis II:

Question:

You don't have any plans to go anywhere?

Coach Jarvis: "He's is my son…he's not me…he can't speak for me. He said basically what he should say".

Question: You've got to be here long enough to win 100 games, right?

Coach Jarvis: (laughs) "I want to be here long enough to win 100 games. My intention is to be here for a long time. I'd like to hope that I'll be hear until I don't coach anymore in College…Mike's (Jarvis II) more likely to leave here than I am."

More later…

"Mike's (Jarvis II) more likely to leave here than I am."

That goes without saying, if we have the turn around in the next few season we are expecting I think he can get a job at a mid major as a HC

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: