Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls and Noles Highlight ESPN's "The Bottom 10"

Owls and Noles Highlight ESPN's "The Bottom 10"

Oh no!!!!!!!

8. FAU - "The Spanish Inquisition": "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" Nobody expects the Owls to win, either. Well, there is that Dec. 5 game at Florida International.

Full List
Back to the top

Re: Owls and Noles Highlight ESPN's "The Bottom 10"

Knew it was coming.

This UNT game is SO big for so many reasons.

1.) CANT go 0-2 in the belt
2.) Getting off this damn list

Is just 2 of them.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

How is Arkansas State not in the bottom 10, EVER! Pre-season, everyone projected them to be in the top-two teams for the SBC title, giving Troy a run for their money. Fast forward to five games into their season and the Red Wolves are 1-4 (0-2). Yes, they have one more win than FAU, BUT it was against an FCS team that is currently under .500. Granted, their loses came from two nationally ranked teams and the two SBC leaders, but clearly they aren't the highly touted team the media made them out to be during the pre-season.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

they on top of the waiting list, so one more loss, they'll be on it!

"Waiting list: Arkansas State (1-4), Colorado (1-4), excessive celebration penalties, Florida International (1-4), North Texas (1-4), Purdue (1-5), San Jose State (1-4), Utah State (1-4) and Washington State (1-5)."
Back to the top

The worst part about this is that I believe this is the 1st time FAU has been on "The Bottom Ten" and FIU is not. I think my stomach hurts.
Back to the top

I don't like when they add teams (like us) that didn't lose the previous week.  If you can get off the list for winning, you shouldn't be put on the list unless you lose.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I don't like when they add teams (like us) that didn't lose the previous week.  If you can get off the list for winning, you shouldn't be put on the list unless you lose.

We were on it with FIU with the old flashing "I" and "A".

We win this week and stAte can take our spot, first we have to win.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

We had a "shared roll"…just like our Conference who chooses to allow Championships to be recognized that way ;D  >:(  ::)

Image: espn.com

They didn't call us out "directly"…but this week they sure did!

:-\

Back to the top
Control functions: