Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Women's Soccer: FAU Wins On The Road At Troy

Add topic

Women's Soccer: FAU Wins On The Road At Troy

Congrats ladies!

Owls claim first road victory on season

One goal was all that was needed for the Florida Atlantic University women’s soccer team to pick up its first road victory on the season over Troy University on Friday afternoon.

Meghan Brown scored three minutes into the second half to give the Owls its second Sun Belt Conference victory.
            “I got the ball at about midfield and I dribbled it out wide to start the possession,” stated Brown afterwards.  I was battling against a couple defenders so I crossed it to the far post.  The wind got a hold of it and it found the back of the net.”

Brown’s goal is her second on the season.  She scored a goal in FAU’s October 9 victory over the University of Louisiana-Monroe .

“It was important for us to get back on the winning side of things,” said Brian Dooley, head women’s soccer coach.  “The playing conditions were not ideal with it being cold, but the kids battling through it and got a result we really needed.”

Freshman goalkeeper Ashley Lantes recorded the shutout, stopping all 11 shots on goal.  It marks the third shutout of her career and seventh time this season that she has recorded eight or more saves in a match.

“Ashley played really well today and kept us in the game in the second half,” said Brown.

Head Coach Brian Dooley echoed thoughts as well stating that Lantes made some challenging saves when called upon, but the defensive effort was superb.

The host Trojans out-shot the Owls by a 22-9 margin, including a 16-1 edge in the second half.  Troy has now been held without a goal in four straight matches.

Freshman forward Jamie Greany had a team-high three shots while Brown added two in the winning cause.

FAU improves to 4-10-2 on the season and 2-5 in conference action.  The Owls will travel to the University of South Alabama on Sunday at 1 p.m.  Troy falls to 6-8-1 overall and 2-4 in Sun Belt Conference action.

Source: FAU Media Relations

Back to the top
Control functions: