Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UNT Watch Parties and Specials

I figured we could start a separate thread for watch parties. I know TeamBeer said they are having a watch party at Wishing Well. I'll let him fill in the information for their party.

Per Nunzio AKA DirtyPhil

Dirty Birds- The Lodge Beer & Grill (Federal Hwy. Boca)…

$1-Mini Burgers
$.50 wings
Pitcher specials
Ladies drink FREE after 8pm

You can contact Dirty Phil for more information at (205) Drty Brd (205 378-9273)

for any beer enthusiasts that have heard of Magic Hat before, Magic Hat is now finally available in S. Florida and the Lodge has Magic Hat # 9 on draft

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Watch Parties and Specials

Fyi…this came from FAU…don't know how it affects the above, but FAU's is a no go…

Back to the top

So my friends….

I just got off the phone with the owner of the Wishing Well and he says he's checked, and will have the game through the Fox Sports package that he's got at the bar. Doesn't sound like he's going through ESPN Gameplan on this one, and I can only assume he knows what he's talking about as he is often confiming they'll play very important soccer matches for hooligan fans, so he's gotta know his stuff!

Anyhow, the Well will be showing the game, on all the TVs because it's an FAU bar! I don't know if they're running any specials but I do know they don't have PBR, ha ha. They have ice cold Guinness, cheap beer, good food and loose women, what more could you want. Oh yeah, and I'll be there….line forms to the left.

Game starts at 8pm
Wishing Well Irish Pub
111 SE Mizner Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33432-5007
(561) 750-5208
Back to the top

Jab979 said

for any beer enthusiasts that have heard of Magic Hat before, Magic Hat is now finally available in S. Florida and the Lodge has Magic Hat # 9 on draft

Magic Hat is deeeelightful beer!  :) If you go to this bar, try a glass, it rocks.

(actually, the Lodge has some awesome beers in their cooler, try them all!)
Back to the top

Hmmm… I called the Direct TV people to get the scoop and their answer was that the game would be blacked out (in the entire state) because it's available on local channels, which I presume is CSS, which is owned by Comcast. I've got a message out to the owner of the Well to make sure he quadruple checks his providers policy on this situation before he's got a 100 angry owls in his bar and will update as soon as I know.

Ugh!
Back to the top

TeamBeer;

Just got off the phone with the Lodge as well.  Vadiem and Anthony (Bar manager and owner) both called separately and were given the station that the game would be on.  They were told the game would not be blacked out.

If the game is blacked out then The Lodge will have the game over the PA system and all the tv's on different games on mute.  Listening Party….yay! (reminds me of the hawaii game) or we will be streaming it off a feed from online (video).

Now just as the Well will have it on all Tv's so will the Lodge…..so i guess there both FAU Bars.

As for loose women…..well i would assume more to be over with us cause they drink for FREE tomm night!

SEXXXXXYYYYYYY
Back to the top

Re: UNT Watch Parties and Specials

UNT Watch Parties and Specials

Both bars are running the same television providers so we're either all good, or all meeting in the parking lot to listen to the games on our car radios!

As of right now, we're still a go at the Well too.
Back to the top

call me if something changes 205-drty-brd
Back to the top

I could swear that it is the Sun-Belt game of the week to be featured on CSS sports. 
Back to the top

css is still picking it up, but supposedly other stations on satellite will be having it.
Back to the top
Control functions: