Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Whew! Finally a win!

Well it wasn't pretty, but I'll certainly take it.  Rusty made a lot of big plays and Morris continues to be awesome.  The offense made strides, but you get the feeling there is another level there that we haven't reached yet.  The D was torched by their RB, but I give them credit for getting the final two stops to seal the game. We have another winnable road game next week against ULL.  Their D gave up almost as many yards to UNT as we did, so we could be in for another shootout.  Lots to work on, but it feels good to get the first win out of the way.  Come on Owls…let's get on a roll!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Re: Whew! Finally a win!

Agree.

Nice to see the offense click.

The holes that Dunbar had to run thru were so RIDICULOUSLY large its crazy.

D is just plain awful, though I do give credit they stood up at the end.

GO OWLS.

Long way to go.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Agree.

Nice to see the offense click.

The holes that Dunbar had to run thru were so RIDICULOUSLY large its crazy.

D is just plain awful, though I do give credit they stood up at the end.

GO OWLS.

Long way to go.

Yup…Long way to go, but it's a start and UNT did have similar success rushing against ULL, which either says they are pretty good at running the ball or ULL is just as bad at stopping it as we are.  Hopefully Jarvis Givens is back next week.  That would be a big help for our D-line.  As for tonight, we had to get the first one.  I'm not really in the mood to pick this one apart…I'm just glad to be on the right side of a close game for a change this year!  ;D
Back to the top

Good news is that FAU is 1-1 in the SBC and right back in the hunt for a conference title. Bad news is we have no defense. Hopefully our offense can stay on track and put us in a position to be competitive from here forward.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Whew! Finally a win!

The team that had the most turnovers last night lost!

I also have come to the conclusion that our defense will not be able to stop anybody this year!  So what that means to FAU, is that they must adopt the Dolphins philosophy of the 1990's.  That philosophy is to put up as many points as you can and hope that the other team can not catch them ;D

One thing I did like seeing is that they finally gave 25 to 30 touches to Bam Bam Morris!  29 to be exact and 5.1 yards per carry!  It only took the coaches 5 games to figure that one out ???

GO OWLS!
'91 
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

The team that had the most turnovers last night lost!

I also have come to the conclusion that our defense will not be able to stop anybody this year!  So what that means to FAU, is that they must adopt the Dolphins philosophy of the 1990's.  That philosophy is to put up as many points as you can and hope that the other team can not catch them ;D

One thing I did like seeing is that they finally gave 25 to 30 touches to Bam Bam Morris!  29 to be exact and 5.1 yards per carry!  It only took the coaches 5 games to figure that one out ???

GO OWLS!
'91

He is going to be very important for us with such a weak defense. If he can get carries, slow the game down by controlling the clock, and keep the opposing offense off the field, that will give us an advantage that we need badly based on our poor defensive play.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Agreed…however, although we should be able to put up a lot of points the rest of the season, the D simply has to be better then they were last night.  Getting gashed like that on the ground is unacceptable.  Seems as though the loss of Givens has had a big impact.  In the Wyoming game, they were able to run down our throats in the 4th quarter and that just continued against UNT.  Hopefully he is back for the ULL game.  By the way, ULL lost their starting RB to a broken leg last night. 
Back to the top

No one has mentioned this yet…

Penalties: 8-97.

When will we stop that??
Back to the top

Seriously! I can't believe our team is this undisciplined, it's pathetic. Out of those numbers, how many were personal fouls? 3? Unreal.
Back to the top

Some of it is a lack of discipline.  Some of it is terrible SBC refs.  First, the excessive celebration penalties were ridiculous.  I watched ESPN's top plays last night and after everyone of those highlight TDs, the player "celebrated" much more then anything that happened in the FAU game.  The SBC refs seem like they are so scared of missing a call, they call EVERYTHING.
Back to the top
Control functions: