Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Central Michigan 23rd in Nation! Hard to believe we beat them last year?

NCAA College Football Rankings - CBSSports.com

This really hurts me to see FAU at 110th in the Nation and Central Michigan in the Top 25  ???  I hope this motivates our team!

GO OWLS! 
Back to the top

Re: Central Michigan 23rd in Nation! Hard to believe we beat them last year?

OWL4EVER said

NCAA College Football Rankings - CBSSports.com
This really hurts me to see FAU at 110th in the Nation and Central Michigan in the Top 25  ???  I hope this motivates our team!

They are ranked 23rd by CBSsports.com and not by anyone who matters, like the BCS, Coaches poll or AP poll.

For instance, http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1003751 ranks Dan Levfeavor & Co. 35th. Still high up there, but not top-25.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

One difference is that their stud QB is living up to his billing and ours has yet to hit stride.

LeFevour has 1549 yards, 70% completion, 14tds, and 4 ints, as well as being the teams leading rusher with 394 yards.

Smith has 1252 yards, 58% completion, 8 tds, and 3 ints.

You can toss out yardage since CMU has played 2 more games than FAU, but the completion % is key to the success of CMU. That and DEFENSE.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Our offense is pretty much the same as last year… its the drop-off in defense that is the big problem.  Last year we were lucky that LeFevour didn't run the ball against us and that their coach made some dumb decisions….a rematch would be won by them 8/10 times.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Our offense is pretty much the same as last year… its the drop-off in defense that is the big problem.  Last year we were lucky that LeFevour didn't run the ball against us and that their coach made some dumb decisions….a rematch would be won by them 8/10 times.

I agree. They have a very potent offense and LeFevour is a double threat who does a great job of managing the game for CMU.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I don't care what ranking that came from, it's impressive! And by the way, they are just outside the 25 in every other poll. Can you imagine FAU being in that spot? It would be awesome.
Back to the top

Central Michigan 23rd in Nation! Hard to believe we beat them last year?

oldschoolowl said

I don't care what ranking that came from, it's impressive! And by the way, they are just outside the 25 in every other poll. Can you imagine FAU being in that spot? It would be awesome.

My thoughts exactly ;D
Back to the top

Rusty could have a 70% completion percentage too, if he just dumped the ball off with throws of not more than 10 yards (literally) 80% of the time!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Rusty could have a 70% completion percentage too, if he just dumped the ball off with throws of not more than 10 yards (literally) 80% of the time!

I don't know about that. Yards per completion are about equal for both Rusty and LeFevour. I have not seen enough of CMU to know if LeFevour is simply the Colt McCoy of the MAC or if they actually throw down field though.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

We saw them last year, they don't throw downfield much, and they play in the 13 team MAC, A LOT of weak teams up there!
Back to the top
Control functions: