Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day Thread: FAU vs UL - Oct. 24th 5:00PM EST

Add topic

When: Saturday, October 24th, 5:00PM EST.

Internet Broadcast: Here

TV: None.

Live Video - Pay for View @ $9.95 :Link

Live Stats: Link

Team Information:

FAU Game Notes

UL Game Notes - TBA

Back to the top

Re: Game Thread: FAU vs UL - Oct. 24th 5:00PM EST

UL Hosts FAU in 64th Homecoming Game

"Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns football team returns to Cajun Field Saturday for the 64th annual homecoming game. Kickoff is scheduled for 4 p.m.

Louisiana (4-2, 2-0 Sun Belt) will look to move to 3-0 in the Sun Belt Conference as well as defend their home turf as they host Florida Atlantic (1-4, 1-1 Sun Belt). The Ragin' Cajuns are 3-0 at Cajun Field for the second straight season and seek their first 4-0 start at Cajun Field since 1988.

UL is coming off its first road victory of the season, a 30-22 win over Western Kentucky last Saturday. In that game, the Cajuns controlled the clock the entire contest, running 83 plays and finishing with a 37:48 time of possession mark.

FAU, meanwhile, was able to escape from Denton, Texas, with a 44-40 win over North Texas for its first win of the season. The Owls (1-4, 1-1) scored 30 second-quarter points, erasing an early 13-0 deficit and after stopping North Texas on fourth down with 8:06 to play, Florida drove 71 yards for the game-winner on Alfred Morris' 1-yard run."

Full Article
Back to the top

UL Mid-Week Practice Report

Five questions for running backs coach Justin Lustig…

What do you know about Florida Atlantic?

Lustig:  "They are great team, although their record doesn't show it.  They've lost two games by a combined four points, so they could easily be 3-2.  Their other losses were at Nebraska and at South Carolina, two really good teams."

What impresses you about FAU?

Lustig:  "They are not gimmicky, they are a sound, fundamental football team.  They have great athletes (on defense) that have great speed.  They fly to the football as good as anyone we've seen.  Their team speed is comparable to LSU.  They play hard and physical and never stop.  I like the effort they play with."

Full Entry
Back to the top

Game Day Thread: FAU vs UL - Oct. 24th 5:00PM EST

Junior safety looks to stop FAU's roll against ULL

Maurice Rolle, Jr. can’t do anything about recent history in games between the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and Florida Atlantic.

That leaves change as the only alternative, Rolle said.

“I know what they (FAU) did; I’ve got to change it,” he said.

FAU, which has defeated ULL three of the last four years, returns to Cajun Field on Saturday at 4 p.m. for a Sun Belt Conference matchup.

Full Article
Back to the top

No TV huh? I guess that means no watch parties. Bummer.
Back to the top

Has ESPN760 fixed thier issue with the streaming and the commercials?

I wouldnt mind listening to the game on Saturday, but the streaming seems totaly out of sync.

I know that Ken Lavicka was here talking about it a while ago.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

No TV huh? I guess that means no watch parties. Bummer.

Nope, only pay per view on the Cajun's site…

owlfamily said

Has ESPN760 fixed thier issue with the streaming and the commercials?

No, not yet…

Spoke to FAU yesterday about this and they said to just use the stretch link on their site - posted up top…there is no sense in listening to commercial after commercial…it's quite annoying!
Back to the top

UL fans get a chance to go 2-2 on season

Head coach Rickey Bustle, his staff and players know you're out there. Some of you show up week after week to religiously support the Ragin' Cajuns at Cajun Field. Another segment is there from time to time, depending on the weather and other factors. There's another group that always seems to find a reason to stay home and probably always will.

Bustle made a simple request to those people thinking about coming out to watch the Cajuns (4-2, 2-0 Sun Belt) play their annual homecoming game at 4 p.m. Saturday against Florida Atlantic (1-4, 1-1).

"I just say: Cajun fans, come support us," Bustle said. "Don't go anywhere else. Don't stay home. Don't worry about the rain. Come to the football game. Be there. We're going to be there."

Full article
Back to the top

The game will be broadcast on justin.tv/fau_football tomorrow.

In addition the site will be showing the Western Kentucky v. Middle Tennessee or North Texas v. Troy (depending on which game is closer) prior to the FAU game, as well as Louisiana Monroe v. Kentucky (in progress after the completion of the FAU game).

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Really appreciate it Seminowl! That's very cool of you.

if you make it down to a home game at any point this season the beers on on me
Back to the top
Control functions: