Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

How did Rusty run 17 yards for a TD?

Did he shoot the North Texas defense on his way in the end zone? I don't want to say Rusty is slow but his 17 yard dash seems slower than some player's 40 yard dash.
Back to the top

Re: How did Rusty run 17 yards for a TD?

Designed play...Coach Jackson should be proud too! ;D
Back to the top

Even if they saw him moving out of the pocket they would have absolutely no reason to believe he would run the ball.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

How did Rusty run 17 yards for a TD?

It was awesome. I was there to see it! My face was priceless - I kept saying "run Rusty, run!" After the play was over, I looked at my dad and said "A designed QB draw. That's about as tricky as FAU will get." LOL

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

It was pretty stunning.
I was sitting next to a NT guy in the pressbox, and he was used to spread offenses, and was asking if Rusty ever ran, and I told him no, unless he was being chased.
Then they line up in a no-back formation, and Rusty takes off. He looked pretty good, too, weaving his way to the endzone.
The NT guy looked at me like I had been lying. I said that NT can't be faulted because they had never seen anything like that on tape, and neither had I. Good stuff. He also ran for 13 yards later in the game to set up another score. I think FAU should do that more often.
/ ted
Back to the top

When I saw the formation I actually said to my girlfriend that it looked like a QB draw, except that FAU never runs one!  Great call and good adjustments on offense in the 2nd quarter to turn the game around overall.
Back to the top

I recorded the clip of it on justin.tv/fau_football

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I recorded the clip of it on justin.tv/fau_football

Looks great! Sound is pretty clear. No complaints. Are you buying the feed for saturday and then broadcasting it on your link? Looks awesome.. Great job!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

If everyone is pleased with the quality of video/sound then yeh I will buy it and broadcast it.  Not sure if I'll lock it so that only people on here (with a password) can watch it, or what.  I'd ask for donations but its only 10 bucks so not really a big deal.

Also planning on broadcasting a couple other Sun Belt games too.

Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

If everyone is pleased with the quality of video/sound then yeh I will buy it and broadcast it.  Not sure if I'll lock it so that only people on here (with a password) can watch it, or what.  I'd ask for donations but its only 10 bucks so not really a big deal.

Also planning on broadcasting a couple other Sun Belt games too.

If you have paypal i'd throw you a few bucks. It's only $10 to watch the game but what you're doing is pretty cool

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: