Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charles Pierre's 1000 yard season vs. Alfred Morris this season

All this talk about Alfred Morris and whether he will break the school rushing record I decided to do a breakdown of game vs game comparison

Charles Pierre                                                             Alfred Morris
@ Texas - 6 carries/4 Yards                                @ Nebraska         18/95
Vs. UAB                   13/138                               @ South Carolina  22/79
@ Michigan State      12/57                                 vs. ULM             23/122
@ Minnesota            10/70                                 vs. Wyoming       19/81
@ Middle Tennessee  11/41                                 @ North Texas    29/147
vs. Troy                   6/8                                   @ ULL               24/181
@WKU                      23/194                              vs. MTSU
@ULM                      16/83                                @UAB
Vs. UNT                   12/140                               Vs. Ark State
Vs. ULL                    10/109                               @ Troy
@ Ark. State             12/31                                Vs. WKU
Vs. FIU                    14/63                                 @ FIU
@CMU                     16/77

Pierre - 161 attempts, 1,014 rushing yards                 Morris - 135 attempts, 705 rushing yards
Average yards per game - 6.2                                  Average yard per game 5.2

So through the first 6 games Morris has 705 rushing yards, compared to Pierre who had 317 yards, through his first 6 games last season.

Over the next 6 games (not including the bowl game), Pierre had 620 rushing yards. Over the next 6 games Morris needs 233 rushing yards to rush for more yards in the same amount of games as Pierre did, and 296 yards to run for over 1,000 yards this season (again not including a bowl game)

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Charles Pierre's 1000 yard season vs. Alfred Morris this season

Pierre was averaging 6.2 yards per carry and only averaging 12 carries per game. What a shame. Imagine what he may have accomplished with 20+ carries a game.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Pierre was averaging 6.2 yards per carry and only averaging 12 carries per game. What a shame. Imagine what he may have accomplished with 20+ carries a game.

Agreed….but I think his yards per carry are skewed by UAB, North Texas, ULL, and WKU.  Take those games out and he goes down to 4.2 yd/carry.  I think his big problem was consistency.  Against Troy and Texas he went nowhere, then against the above teams he was tearing up the field.  Morris is, even against good teams, consistent.  He gained no less than 79 yds against a team…even Nebraska gave up almost 100 yds.  Pierre was a lot like Rusty.. streaky and dependent on the defense he played against.  Morris doesn't care if you are Florida (who he will have a chance to play against as a Senior) or Louisiana Lafayette…he is going to BAM BAM BAM all day long.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

illinoisowl said

Agreed….but I think his yards per carry are skewed by UAB, North Texas, ULL, and WKU.  Take those games out and he goes down to 4.2 yd/carry.  I think his big problem was consistency.  Against Troy and Texas he went nowhere, then against the above teams he was tearing up the field.  Morris is, even against good teams, consistent.  He gained no less than 79 yds against a team…even Nebraska gave up almost 100 yds.  Pierre was a lot like Rusty.. streaky and dependent on the defense he played against.  Morris doesn't care if you are Florida (who he will have a chance to play against as a Senior) or Louisiana Lafayette…he is going to BAM BAM BAM all day long.

And don't forget, Morris is a redshirt sophomore. Not a senior. His first year as a tail back also.

But I will never forget seeing Pierre carry half the CMU defense on his back in the MCB.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

SeminOWL2006 said

illinoisowl said

Agreed….but I think his yards per carry are skewed by UAB, North Texas, ULL, and WKU.  Take those games out and he goes down to 4.2 yd/carry.  I think his big problem was consistency.  Against Troy and Texas he went nowhere, then against the above teams he was tearing up the field.  Morris is, even against good teams, consistent.  He gained no less than 79 yds against a team…even Nebraska gave up almost 100 yds.  Pierre was a lot like Rusty.. streaky and dependent on the defense he played against.  Morris doesn't care if you are Florida (who he will have a chance to play against as a Senior) or Louisiana Lafayette…he is going to BAM BAM BAM all day long.

And don't forget, Morris is a redshirt sophomore. Not a senior. His first year as a tail back also.

But I will never forget seeing Pierre carry half the CMU defense on his back in the MCB.

A lot of you didn't see the game against ULL. In the 4th quarter towards the end of the game, Morris gets the ball and it sure looked like it was maybe a 1 yard gain or maybe no gain at all, then next thing you know he just busts through the entire ULL defense runs the ball for 57 yards for a TD. It reminded me a lot of the Pierre play you're talking about, but instead of players on his back he turned a 1 yard gain into a 57 yard TD

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Or that 20 yard TD run he had where he got caught up at the line, broke that tackle and 10 yards later he had a safety and a db converge on him at the same time…he blew through both of them, they ended up on the ground and Morris is dancing into the endzone!

The guy is just plain nasty, I'm very happy we have him.
Back to the top

Our offensive line is also the most impressive it has ever been.  It gives Morris an extra step to gain momentum and makes it that much more difficult to bring him down.

Back to the top

fauowl said

Our offensive line is also the most impressive it has ever been.  It gives Morris an extra step to gain momentum and makes it that much more difficult to bring him down.

Really?  I think our OLine has underachieved all year.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Charles Pierre's 1000 yard season vs. Alfred Morris this season

Thes guys have two very different running styles…Pierre was a bowling ball back…hard to take down, but not a churner.

Morris is all backside…he just keeps going, and going, and going…kind of like this guy:

Back to the top

walty12 said

fauowl said

Really?  I think our OLine has underachieved all year.

Physically, I think they are the best ever.  They have not been pushed around.  Mentally, they had a couple breakdowns with some silly penalties early on, but yes, I think they are solid.

Back to the top
Control functions: