Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What the Blue Raiders have to say about FAU

What the Blue Raiders have to say about FAU

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/blue-raiders-hit-road-for-florida-atlantic-cms-20065

Head Coach Rick Stockstill:

Opening Comments:
We are excited about this game. It is another opportunity to play another good football team. Florida Atlantic has won a couple in a row and they are a really good offensive football team scoring a lot of points right now. There defense is pretty solid. They had the one game early in the season where they gave up a lot of points, but they have been playing really solid lately. We are going to have to play well to win this game.

On FAU playing the pro style offense
They have good players. What you do offensively and defensively is really relevant to the type of players you have. Coach Schnellenberger has recruited the right players for his system and we are recruiting the right players for our system. They have good players with good athleticism and a lot of speed. Their quarterback is a four-year starter who can make all the throws. They have a powerful running back who leads the conference in rushing. I don't think it is as much of what type of offense you have as what type of players you have.

On the game having high scoring implications
I think we are going to have to score a lot of points offensively because they are going to score a lot of points offensively. You hope your defense can continue to play well and hold them down, but looking at their offense and the way they have played lately you are going to have to score points. You do not want a shoot out, but you never know.

On the need to create turnovers
When you turn the ball over it is hard to win football games. Earlier in the season they turned the ball over and did not win. Now they are not turning it over as much and they are winning. You have got to be able to create turnovers no matter who you play. When teams are evenly matched the team that protects the ball is usually on the left side of the column.

On Rusty Smith being a potential NFL prospect
It is not for me to say. He is a good player and he has won a bunch of games. I have never coached or played in the NFL. Some teams may like this type of quarterback, but that is not for me to decide. All I know is he has had a lot of success at FAU and won a lot of ball games for them.

On Alfred Morris (FAU running back)
He is a downhill, physical runner with good speed. It is hard to tell on film, but it looks like he has good vision and he sets up his blocks and reads his blocks very well.

On FAU's offensive line
They have a good offensive line. Rusty Smith has not been sacked much lately. He has had some time to sit back there and throw the ball. They are a very experienced offensive line with good speed. They look very good up front and when they drop back in pass protection.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top
Control functions: