Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR FAU vs. MTSU

Good Thursday morning! It is a great day in Owl Country. Time for this week's predictions. Some thinking points to get things started.

1) The FAU offense has been on a run. Smith looks to be in good form and Bam Bam Morris leads the SBC in rushing. Following a 600+ yard offensive performance I think it is safe to say that the FAU offense has arrived.

2) The defense is improving. They are not where we would like them to be, but they are getting better.

3) Mobile MTSU QB Dwight Dasher is just the type of QB to give the FAU defense fits.

4) The teams are tied at 2-1 in the SBC and this could do a lot to springboard the winner into the title race.

5) FAU has a lot to prove at home after notching back to back wins on the road, yet still not having tasted victory at Lockhart.

I like FAU to come out with a renewed sense of enthusiasm after a difficult start to the season. Rusty has hit his stride and he should have a big game. Morris is good for 25+ carries and 125+ yards. The FAU defense will give up points, but the offense will control the clock and outscore MTSU to make it three straight in SBC play.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 41  MTSU 35

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR FAU vs. MTSU

I think it will be tight all game till the end when we finally break away 49-31
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR FAU vs. MTSU

Good morning to you as well OwlFan! :)

37-27 FAU rolls…….
Back to the top

ESPN's Graham watson has the Owls pegged as well!

"Florida Atlantic 37, Middle Tennessee 24: Beating up on winless Western Kentucky might have restored some of Middle Tennessee’s confidence, but this week’s game against Florida Atlantic is going to be a different animal. After losing four straight to start the season, the Owls have won their last two and are as much in the hunt for the Sun Belt title as anyone. "

Full Entry

Back to the top

The Blue Raiders "O" have averaged 28 points in their past four games, which included three SBC teams. MTSU "D" has given up an average of nearly 26 points in their previous four contests.

The Owls "O"  have average 37 points in their past four games, which also included three SBC teams. FAU "D" has given up an average of more than 31 points in their last four games.

So statistically speaking the game should be something like this:
FAU: 31 | MTSU: 28

BUT… because it's OWLween, i think both teams will each score an addition two TD's, so:

FAU: 45 | MTSU: 42

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

D finally shows up for a game.......FAU 26- MTSU 13

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Digging out from a pre-Halloween snowstorm (22 inches in Denver, 3 feet in the mountains), I finally see the blue sky. I think the Owls break 40 points for the third straight week. Owls 45, Opponents 31. This is about the same scored I predicted  for the Owls-Ragin' Cajuns game….
Back to the top

FAU wins by a nose or by a couple of points!  Another high scoring event–nothing like last years game from hell!
Back to the top

I expect this game to be a dog fight.  Both team have a lost in conference play and in need of a win to stay in the race.  A lost will end any hopes of a Belt Title for either teams.

The Owls have an offense that is HOT right now and should give the Blue Raiders defense fits all day, look for them to put some pressure on Rusty all day.  Morris should have another solid performance.

The Owls Defense need to follow a good game with an even better game, this is a unit that was bound to improve as the season went along and IMO will continue to do so.

We need to contain Dasher or he will be trouble and could keep the Raiders in this game, if we can contain him, then the Owls take this game by at least two scores.

Yet, we play at "Drama Queen" Lockhart Stadium where I've seen more weirdness then I care to have witnessed.  This will probably be another nail biter…then again I do think the Owls are poised to play one of their most complete game of the season.

The Owls continue the hot streak and roll by two touchdowns.
FAU 41 MTSU 27

Go Owls!!

Back to the top

FAU 36, Middle Tennessee State 30: The Owls have scored 95 points in their past two games. It's nice to be back in the Sun Belt, isn't it? Hope remains for another FAU bowl game and, with luck, the Owls' first Sun Belt title. Favorite: FAU by 2 ½.

Source: miamiherald.com
Back to the top
Control functions: