Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Morris lands on ESPN's Halloween non AQ Listing...

"The non-AQ ghosts: Florida Atlantic redshirt sophomore running back Alfred Morris ranks eighth in the country in rushing with 117.50 yards per game, but has gone relatively unnoticed this season by anyone outside of the Sun Belt. Crazy thing is, Morris nearly went unnoticed by his own team. Had it not been for Jeff Blanchard's injury early in spring practice, Morris would be sitting on the bench."

Full Entry
Back to the top

Re: Morris lands on ESPN's Halloween non AQ Listing...

Rick said

"The non-AQ ghosts: Florida Atlantic redshirt sophomore running back Alfred Morris ranks eighth in the country in rushing with 117.50 yards per game, but has gone relatively unnoticed this season by anyone outside of the Sun Belt. Crazy thing is, Morris nearly went unnoticed by his own team. Had it not been for Jeff Blanchard's injury early in spring practice, Morris would be sitting on the bench."

Full Entry

was this another brilliant post by Graham Watson? lol

Had it not been for first baseman Wally Pip to get hurt Lou Gehrig would have never taken over either so I guess things happen for a reason

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

She's right, although Blanchard could potentially have been as good as Morris too. It's interesting that Morris was an unheard-of 2 star back when he signed with us while Stinson was a highly-recruited 3 star back… and which one is our hero right now? Morris.

It makes things interesting for us because we're never quite sure who is going to be our next best guy. Thought Stinson was going to give us Morris' production, hoped Amos Wood would be our breakout WR, etc but these guys are still seeing limited time.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

She's right, although Blanchard could potentially have been as good as Morris too. It's interesting that Morris was an unheard-of 2 star back when he signed with us while Stinson was a highly-recruited 3 star back… and which one is our hero right now? Morris.

It makes things interesting for us because we're never quite sure who is going to be our next best guy. Thought Stinson was going to give us Morris' production, hoped Amos Wood would be our breakout WR, etc but these guys are still seeing limited time.

Amos still may be very good, he's seeing limited time because who are you gonna play him over? Gent, Bonner, Jean? I can see a case for Holley but he's actually played well and with 3 TE's theres really not much use for another WR right now. Next year I think will be his break out year

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Stinson:

Me too…but he will see more than his fair share next year when Willie graduates…that's the big deal breaker right now…

He is a different style back as well…should be a little more productive on the ground given his size and build, and ability to carry the pack…

Not sure if he can stack up to the blocks Willie lays out though…guy is very solid in that regard…
Back to the top

Next year we will be run run run.  Morris, Barasch, Stinson, VanCamp, plus whoever else…give the defenses plenty of looks.

JVC is ok, but I just don't trust him throwing it yet…I hope he can prove me wrong

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Next year we will be run run run.  Morris, Barasch, Stinson, VanCamp, plus whoever else…give the defenses plenty of looks.

JVC is ok, but I just don't trust him throwing it yet…I hope he can prove me wrong

JVC has made a ton of improvements throwing the ball, he lack experience and will throw picks now an then.  He should be able to manage the offense good enough…we'll have to see how he handles full duty.
Back to the top

Morris lands on ESPN's Halloween non AQ Listing...

I had high hopes for Blanchard at least before his injury a couple years back, I don't think he's close to being the type of back Morris is and will become.

We seem to be stacked at that position too, a bunch of good looking talent in the wings.
Back to the top

At our level I feel like you have to recruit a whole bunch of RBs and just see how they do to try and find a good one...we got lucky and found a great one.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: