Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Quick Stats...

MTSU @ FAU Quick Stats...

Back to the top

Re: MTSU @ FAU Quick Stats...

The stats make absolutely no sense. FAU controls time of possession 38 minutes to 19 minutes (shouldn't this add up to 60 minutes??) and still loses. Also, FAU controls the clock in a lopsided manner, but has less than 100 yards rushing while MTSU has 242 yards rushing. FAU has 27 first downs and MTSU only 11. Very odd stats given the outcome. Finally, FAU averaging 20 yards per punt is just plain awful.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

BAD "special teams" play can and will blow a game. The D played good but gave up a few too many big runs.

Pretty amazing stats for a loss, I am sure eveyone will agree! I hope Howard does and actually does something about it!
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

The stats make absolutely no sense. FAU controls time of possession 38 minutes to 19 minutes (shouldn't this add up to 60 minutes??)

It's been adjusted…that was the first round that came out…that's why it's called quick stats! ;D
Back to the top

Averaging 20 yds per punt is easy when 1 is blocked, one is fumbled, and one is tipped.

Despite the problems with the Special Teams in the first half we were still winning after all that.  What I NEED to know is when Rusty got hurt….  If he was playing hurt for a while and gave up the game because of pride I will be pissed.  He did that last year and we paid dearly for it, and then didnt find out about it until he was healed!  If you are hurt you are a liability, take a seat (especially QBs).  

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: