Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tell me what you really think about FAU Football in 2009? POLL

Tell me what you really think about FAU Football in 2009?

Pretty much what I expected! {-} [5 votes]
We are having a terrible year and we belong in the bottom TEN! {-} [6 votes]
The great thing about this football season is that our coaching staff will finally get canned! {-} [6 votes]
I'm just praying that nobody else has noticed that we are doing this bad! {-} [8 votes]
I've thrown in the towel and I'm hoping that we have a great 2010 recruting class! {-} [4 votes]
I still believe that we have a chance at saving our season! {-} [15 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

You must select between 1 and 44 options

Tell me what you really think about FAU Football in 2009? POLL

;D
Back to the top

Re: Tell me what you really think about FAU Football in 2009? POLL

Championship is pretty much dead in the water. And a bowl game, I don't think 6-6 will do it this year, and I don't think we will win all out to end 7-5. Now stranger things have happened… with a #9 offense, defense finally improving, but the not-so-special teams will prevent any chance, just something that will not be fixed overnight, otherwise it would have already been fixed.

I think keep running Morris, give JVC some more playing time to get him ready, give all the younger kids some playing time.
Back to the top

I am amazed at how many people just throw in the towel. Of course we did not expect this coming into the season and perhaps our expectations as fans were far too high, but I for one am not going to bash the team and call them out for 'sucking.' I am disappointed with the season thus far, but it could be far worse.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I am amazed at how many people just throw in the towel. Of course we did not expect this coming into the season and perhaps our expectations as fans were far too high, but I for one am not going to bash the team and call them out for 'sucking.' I am disappointed with the season thus far, but it could be far worse.

GO OWLS!!!

I want to be clear with my thoughts before anyone feels that I think our team sucks.  I think our team deserves better–we have a bunch of talented kids on our squad and I am very proud of them.

I truly think with the right coaching staff we would only have 2 losses on the year–USC & Nebraska.  The only ones to blame are the coaches.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

I want to be clear with my thoughts before anyone feels that I think our team sucks.  I think our team deserves better–we have a bunch of talented kids on our squad and I am very proud of them.

I truly think with the right coaching staff we would only have 2 losses on the year–USC & Nebraska.  The only ones to blame are the coaches.

GO OWLS!

I have read far too many posts by various people in the last week or so that state that the team 'sucks.' It also is used in multiple options in the poll associated with this thread. Has the team underachieved…yes. Does the team suck..no.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Does the team suck..no.

GO OWLS!!!

Yeah, at least we are not WKU!!!!
;D
Back to the top

Regardless, I will be in my same seats for the stAte game,  GO OWLS!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I have read far too many posts by various people in the last week or so that state that the team 'sucks.' It also is used in multiple options in the poll associated with this thread. Has the team underachieved…yes. Does the team suck..no.

You're right!  I will change the poll–It definitely has a negative connotation and I don't want the kids to have anymore distractions!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I won't say that the team sucks…just not playing very well right now (as a team, which includes all phases of the game - offense, defense & special teams) to win conference titles.

There where some concerns before the start of the season, mostly from the young inexperience defense.

I don't expect the players to throw in the towels and us fans shouldn't either…sure it's been tough.  We have come to expect much from this group of young men especially on the offense side of the ball.  Yet, we have struggled when we should be prospering.

All we can do is continue to show support and hope for the best of what remains of the season.

I am hoping the injured players speedy recoveries.  Some of them are seniors and it would be nice for them to get back out there to complete their season on the grid iron and not standing on the sidelines.

Back to the top

An off year.  Some years nothing goes right.  Last year started poorly but the guys righted the ship in time.  This year the margin for error was taken away immediately in conference; that home loss to ULM was a killer.

That said, hell no I'm not throwing in the towel.  All of the remaining games are winnable save for Troy, and if the defense can jell a little more we'll have reason for optimism in 2010 behind Morris.  Nobody saw 2007 coming either.  And if there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's this: it isn't wise to bet against Howard Schnellenberger.
Back to the top
Control functions: