Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Now that Jeff's at the helms

Who should be his back-up?

David Kooi
Graham Wilbert

You must select between 1 and 22 options

I know that we have not heard much from these two players…they have seen limited action during off-season drills, most of the snaps have gone to Rusty & Jeff.

But, with Rusty sidelined and Jeff thrown into action someone has to step into the #2 spot. 
Back to the top

Re: Now that Jeff's at the helms

Looks like it will be Kooi doing back-up duties
Back to the top

It's hard to vote at this point.
I know Kooi is a 6'7" guy, but I don't know what brings to the field.
Same thing for Graham. 6'6" QB, but I don't know what he is capable of.
How old are these guys?
Are both freshmen?
One thing is for sure, One of them needs to start to develop because Van Camp will be here for only 1 more year and FAU needs to recruit a new QB in 2010.
Good luck owls against UAB.
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

It's hard to vote at this point.
I know Kooi is a 6'7" guy, but I don't know what brings to the field.
Same thing for Graham. 6'6" QB, but I don't know what he is capable of.
How old are these guys?
Are both freshmen?
One thing is for sure, One of them needs to start to develop because Van Camp will be here for only 1 more year and FAU needs to recruit a new QB in 2010.
Good luck owls against UAB.

Kooi and Wilbert are both Red Shirt Sophomores. I believe Kooi is from Florida, and Wilbert is from California. Don't really know much about either of them other than that

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

To early for me to make ANY type of call.

I dont think either have been watched that closely other then by the coaching staff.

If Howard says that Kooi is the #2 it must be for a reason.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

To early for me to make ANY type of call.

I dont think either have been watched that closely other then by the coaching staff.

If Howard says that Kooi is the #2 it must be for a reason.

I've attended plenty of practices and all I can say is this: Kooi gets more snaps. He's more mobile in the pocket. Wilbert is more like Rusty. Sits there and rockets it out. Haven't seen him run much. He hasn't really impressed. Might be good in a year though. I think both guys could be great if pressed into action and given a year of gametime experience to develop. From what I see right now, Kooi is the right choice, which is weird because coming in I really thought Wilbert would be the next guy… just seemed to be the prototypical FAU QB.
Back to the top

Now that JVC is at the helm, this brings up two questions:

1) Will Rusty still be on the sidelines for both home and away games (moral support)?

2) Will the new backup see playing time during the 2nd and/or 4th quarter, like JVC got when Rusty was #1?

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owlando said

Now that JVC is at the helm, this brings up two questions:

1) Will Rusty still be on the sidelines for both home and away games (moral support)?

2) Will the new backup see playing time during the 2nd and/or 4th quarter, like JVC got when Rusty was #1?

1) I expect Rusty to be there. He doesn't seem like the type to clean out his locker and call it quits. Afterall, he is still part of the team and his leadership is important.

2) I expect Howard to continue what he has always done and that is give the #2 guy some reps during the second quarter. I don't think he will change his ways now.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Now that Jeff's at the helms

owlfan1 said

1) I expect Rusty to be there. He doesn't seem like the type to clean out his locker and call it quits. Afterall, he is still part of the team and his leadership is important.

I agree Rusty isn't the type to remove himself completely; however, I didn't know if there were NCAA or FAU stipulations on traveling with the team if you're injured for the remainder of the year.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Just found out that Rusty will not be making the trip.

He is scheduled to have his shoulder operated on on Friday and if he elects to have the procedure done, then it would be VERY unlikely he would be in shape to travel with the team.

Back to the top
Control functions: