Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIRE KIRK HOZA!

FIRE KIRK HOZA!
FIRE KIRK HOZA!
FIRE KIRK HOZA!
FIRE KIRK HOZA!
FIRE KIRK HOZA!
FIRE KIRK HOZA!
FIRE KIRK HOZA!
FIRE KIRK HOZA!
FIRE KIRK HOZA!
Back to the top

Re: FIRE KIRK HOZA!

Like I wrote in the game thread, I don't like putting too much blame on a coach, but this really has been a fire-able performance today (if not this season).  8 TDs so far in 8 possessions to a medicore CUSA team like UAB is beyond pathetic.  It's now the 8th game of the season and they are getting worse instead of improving.  Something needs to be done to show that this type of performance is not acceptable.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Like I wrote in the game thread, I don't like putting too much blame on a coach, but this really has been a fire-able performance today (if not this season).  8 TDs so far in 8 possessions to a medicore CUSA team like UAB is beyond pathetic.  It's now the 8th game of the season and they are getting worse instead of improving.  Something needs to be done to show that this type of performance is not acceptable.

It is time. This defense supposedly has talented players and if they can't be motivated to play well that is the coach's fault. Time to look for a new defensive coordinator.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

This is embarrassing, but I doubt any changes will be made.  Definitely not during the season, and probably not after either.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

fauowls44 said

Like I wrote in the game thread, I don't like putting too much blame on a coach, but this really has been a fire-able performance today (if not this season).  8 TDs so far in 8 possessions to a medicore CUSA team like UAB is beyond pathetic.  It's now the 8th game of the season and they are getting worse instead of improving.  Something needs to be done to show that this type of performance is not acceptable.

It is time. This defense supposedly has talented players and if they can't be motivated to play well that is the coach's fault. Time to look for a new defensive coordinator.

GO OWLS!!!

If it is a lack of talent, then it is also on the coaching staff.  But my main issue is that we have faced basically the same offense every week for the past 6 weeks.  All of our opponents run the same offensive plays and yet we still cannot stop them.  It's been the same thing week after week…ULM gashes us on the ground…Wyoming's QB runs up the middle for large chunks of yards on the final drive…Dasher kills us last week with a long TD run on a QB run up the middle…same thing happens this week.  There is no consistent improvement.  No evidence that they are getting better.  They go out and make the same mistakes over and over again.  And really this is a D that has been soft for years.  Do something about it now or it'll be more of the same next year.
Back to the top

FIRE KIRK HOZA!

The said

This is embarrassing, but I doubt any changes will be made.  Definitely not during the season, and probably not after either.

Sadly, I agree…at least that nothing will be done during the season.  I doubt Howard would do that to someone that has been with him for so long…but if we finish the year ranked in the bottom 5 in D, then perhaps his hand will be forced.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

The said

Sadly, I agree…at least that nothing will be done during the season.  I doubt Howard would do that to someone that has been with him for so long…but if we finish the year ranked in the bottom 5 in D, then perhaps his hand will be forced.

Who's going to force it?  Get used to it.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlfan1 said

fauowls44 said

GO OWLS!!!

If it is a lack of talent, then it is also on the coaching staff.  But my main issue is that we have faced basically the same offense every week for the past 6 weeks.  All of our opponents run the same offensive plays and yet we still cannot stop them.  It's been the same thing week after week…ULM gashes us on the ground…Wyoming's QB runs up the middle for large chunks of yards on the final drive…Dasher kills us last week with a long TD run on a QB run up the middle…same thing happens this week.  There is no consistent improvement.  No evidence that they are getting better.  They go out and make the same mistakes over and over again.  And really this is a D that has been soft for years.  Do something about it now or it'll be more of the same next year.

If it is a lack of talent it does fall on the coaches, but not necessarily on the defensive coaches. It is an issue of recruiting.

I don't think it has to do with talent. It has to do with scheme and play.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

In the 9 years of being a fan of this team, I have never called for anyone to be fired until this year (after game 4).

There have been several down periods, but today's performance is totally unacceptable.  With a program this young it is inevitable that there will be growing pains.  This is not growing pains.  This is ineptitude.

If Howard does nothing, he is making a statement that this is acceptable.

Back to the top

The entire defense needs an overhaul and it must start with the DC's resignation. Otherwise, the players will start leaving and noone will be coming in.
It is too bad Coach S. has let this go on for so long. Hoza got lucky and his job was saved last year when we won the Bowl game.
It is time to be respectful of your mentor and your team .. like Mickey Andrews did - a true class act who didn't put the pressure and burden on the head coach to have to fire him.
Back to the top
Control functions: