Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kooi Is The Future

His first completion is a 56 yard strike right on  the money. Howard has said he has the skills and he showed it right away and he is a FRESHMEN. I know Van Camp is playing well, but he will be a senior next year. FAU has been defined by the Jarred Allen and Rusty Smith eras. If everyone recalls, we started a senior for a year in between them. That was the year of Danny Embick and Sean Clayton and it was a wasted year where we got smashed by FIU. I respect Van Camp, but the best thing for the future of this program is to get Freshmen Kooi with Sophmore Morris in the offense and find a new defensice coordinator.
Back to the top

Re: Kooi Is The Future

Jeff has paid his dues and now it is his position to lose.

BTW…He played very well, Kooi is NEXT in line.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Kooi Is The Future

I think JVC is the clear starter going into next year

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

sirwgula said

His first completion is a 56 yard strike right on  the money. Howard has said he has the skills and he showed it right away and he is a FRESHMEN. I know Van Camp is playing well, but he will be a senior next year. FAU has been defined by the Jarred Allen and Rusty Smith eras. If everyone recalls, we started a senior for a year in between them. That was the year of Danny Embick and Sean Clayton and it was a wasted year where we got smashed by FIU. I respect Van Camp, but the best thing for the future of this program is to get Freshmen Kooi with Sophmore Morris in the offense and find a new defensice coordinator.

Embick broke his thumb and didn't play the last three games. Clayton and Soverain each threw interceptions during the FIU game. 4 interceptions were returned for TDs. The outcome WOULD have been different if Embick had played that game. I don't know if FAU would have won but the score would have been much closer since FIU got plenty of points off of the interceptions. Embick did well under the circumstances leading a freshmen team.
Owls Hindered By Interceptions, Fall To FIU 52-6 - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Jeff has done everything to earn the right to start, his off-season preparation is paying off.

Kooi looks to have come a long way,if he continues to develop and prepare himself he too will shine when his number is called.

Back to the top

JVC will be the starter till the end of the year, then HOPEFULLY the best man wins the job.....
Back to the top

Mark my words…. KOOI us the future.  I want this post back up next year when he starts lighting secondaries up.

Back to the top

sirwgula said

Mark my words…. KOOI us the future.  I want this post back up next year when he starts lighting secondaries up.

You are correct, in 2 years.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

sirwgula said

You are correct, in 2 years.

If he starts in 2011, he opens up the stadium and plays against MSU, Florida and USF. Talk about being thrown into the fire.
Back to the top

sirwgula said

Kooi could very well be the future, but he will have to earn it…much like VanCamp has done.
Back to the top
Control functions: