Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WKU Fires Head Coach David Elson

According to Pat Forde of ESPN on Twitter WKU has fired Head Football Coach David Elson. Can't say I really blame them

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: WKU Fires Head Coach David Elson

Wow…are you serious??

Back to the top

Here is the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4637342

Pretty high expectations at WKU. They were a legit 1-AA powerhouse before moving up and they expected to be competetive right away. They have a strong fanbase and they will not stand for such a poor performance.

It will be very interesting to see who they get to replace him. FAU should be watching this one closely.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

In a potentially related story, Memphis is getting rid of head coach Tommy West. It will be interesting to see if WKU makes a move to get him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4637456

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

They gave the guy no time...bad move IMO...
Back to the top

WKU Fires Head Coach David Elson

Rick said

They gave the guy no time…bad move IMO…

I agree. It takes time to make the move up. He should have been given two more years to put together a winning conference record. However, WKU is used to having a winner on the football field.

I can envision them making a move for Tommy West. Just down the road and from a more recognizable program in Memphis. He would be a very big hire for WKU. All speculation on my behalf of course.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Not a suprise that they would fire him, but I'm shocked they wouldn't wait until after the season to make the move.  What is the purpose of letting the guy go with 4 games left.  I'd say it was because they want to get a jump on recruiting, but they likely won't hire a new HC until after the season anyway.  Strange.

Back to the top

Take note Angelos and the new FAU President.
Losing is unacceptable. Please do something to fix this before all the hard work for the past 10 years has been for nothing !!!!!
Back to the top

I don't know the merits of the firing because I do not follow WKU coaches, but that is rough in the first year of FBS transition.

It is basically playing 65 FCS schollys against 85 FBS schollys and you are not going to win many of those.  It takes a few years to get the 85 to kick in and be useful. 
Back to the top

Elson was the DC for the Hilltopper's when they won the I-AA National Championship.  Hmmm…
Back to the top
Control functions: