Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So, How DOES FAU fix this defense?

Its been bad for 3-4 years now, and I think Saturday was probably the final nail in coffin on what we are currently doing.

That being said how do we "FIX" it?

My understanding is that we put in some of the younger guys (Yourhighnes Morgan and Alex Patee) and that didnt help either.

Do we change schemes?

Do we get a new DC with a new concept and attitude?

I honestly dont know, but agree that SOMETHING has to change. We can keep relying on the offense to put up 28-36 points a game and praying thats enough.

What do YOU want to do if YOU were the decesion maker.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: So, How DOES FAU fix this defense?

Does anyone know of a good Waterboy?

Attachment
143 views (18 Kb)

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Get a DC who can scheme to stop these mobile qb's we will always face and who can make adjustments. Mostly though, get a DC who wants his D to play aggressive, in your face D! Take the ball away D!! No more of this soft sh.. D we have been playing for years.
Back to the top

So, How DOES FAU fix this defense?

Its simple... just fire Kirk hoza.
Back to the top

Right now, there is no "quick fix" unfortunately.

I had hopes that this defense would improve as the season went along and it started to seems as thought, but the losses have taken a toll on this groups psyche.  Hard to play aggressive when you lack confidence.  
Back to the top

Teach the D how to wrap up someone instead of just trying to launch into the ball carrier trying to cause a fumble.
Back to the top

The said

Teach the D how to wrap up someone instead of just trying to launch into the ball carrier trying to cause a fumble.

Never a bad idea to go back to fundamentals. Spend practice working on the basics of coverage and tackling.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Im sure there is a tackling section in here

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

Im sure there is a tackling section in here

If Howie Long had something to do with it I bet it even has a section on applying pressure to the QB. It is probably full of useful insights on how to play defense.  ;D

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

what i don't understand is if Howard comes out and says it says its nothing to do with the talent/speed/etc… then it has to be the coaching. if the potential is there but players aren't playing to that potential that's 100% coaching.

Time for a change. I would go after a top high school coach to help with the recruiting.
Back to the top
Control functions: