Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU to Play UNC as Scheduled

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4437463

FIU to play UNC as scheduled
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

MIAMI – FIU decided Tuesday that it will play North Carolina in the Coaches vs. Cancer tournament as scheduled.

The Golden Panthers said they would have preferred to play Ohio State in the opening round of the event. Tournament organizers, however, ultimately decided FIU was a better fit to meet the defending national champions instead.

FIU considered several options, including pushing back its appearance in the event to 2010, before agreeing to play the Nov. 9 game – which will be Isiah Thomas' first as coach of the Golden Panthers.

FIU signed a contract last November, five months before hiring Thomas, saying it would play either Ohio State or North Carolina in the first game. For months, the Golden Panthers were planning to play the Buckeyes, based on early drafts of the tournament schedule.

Part of that contract also stipulated FIU would host a subregional round of the tournament Nov. 20-23, with James Madison, Murray State and North Carolina Central each coming to Miami to play three games over four days.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FIU to Play UNC as Scheduled

No shit they are gonna play it. Otherwise they would be sued for breach and look stupid. Now they only look STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Yeah, I am embarassed for them on this one.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

-30 dogs…….

"Game-on" tomorrow night on ESPNU.

BTW,they lost to Rollie Massimino's Northwood University Seahawks (NAIA) last Wednesday 71-61 in a practice game…
Back to the top

I have never written this but…OMG!

Not to be mean to the players but I do hope this blows up in FIU's face, their admin. is such crap!.
Back to the top

I hope UNC hang 1000pts on them tonight!
Back to the top

FIU to Play UNC as Scheduled

TeamBeer said

I hope UNC hang 1000pts on them tonight!

hahaha if they really wanted to, they could.

It's 44-27 UNC 2:00 left in the first half. FIU playing their hardest, while UNC is trying not to run up the score by shooting a lot of 3's

Back to the top

Only up 16 at the half...cmon UNC!!!
Back to the top

We played them and got stinking SPANKED…50 point differential by games end, or i will be disappointed ;D
Back to the top

Rick said

We played them and got stinking SPANKED…50 point differential by games end, or i will be disappointed ;D

Sorry Rick.. 88-72 final. FIU hung in there. I don't know if it means FIU is better than expected or if UNC isn't as good or just didn't care about this game

Back to the top
Control functions: