Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WHERE WERE YOU GUYS?

Watch Party was a success as far as the video streaming portion of the game went but I wonder why you would post a stream of the game illegally instead of showing up at campus and watching on 3 giant video screens.

Seems like you undermined the event by posting the stream!! I know your excuse will be for people outside the area but still doesn't fly as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder what CSTV will think of you sharing their link for FREE?

OWL TV put in a lot of work to do this broadcast and could have used all of your support. If you made it to the event thank you!! If you chose to stay home because of the $5 fee tell me what your bar tab is next time at Duffy's! Your cheapness and wining will only prevent these events in the future!!
THERES NO WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IN THE FUTURE WITHOUT FINANCIAL AND PERSONAL SUPPORT! INSTEAD YOU CHOSE TO STAY HOME AND CRY ABOUT NOT BEING THE FIRST TO KNOW.
Way to go!!!

Back to the top

Re: WHERE WERE YOU GUYS?

Who streamed it for free? I know some of us watched it at home and paid for the stream but as far as I know there wasn't a Justin.tv stream going on.

I'm really impressed that you guys put this on, the location was less than ideal but the $5 fee was surely not the reason to keep people away. Watch parties on campus should really be pushed on the student population. Many alums would rather watch the game around other alums and on campus doesn't usually facilitate that.

Nonetheless, great effort, keep it going and people will eventually come in droves.
Back to the top

Salty,

I think you should rethink your stance:

There was no link posted to a CSS feed, because there was no CSS feed.  After all, that's why you folks did such a fine job in carrying the game, remember?? :)  There was, however, a pay per view link that was quite inferior to your offering from what I have been told.

Secondly, you need to promote this before the week of the game.

Thirdly, I believe this discussion forum is VERY supportive of all of the great efforts you folks put into your work. This is without question.

Lastly, would Hope that you would not be deterred by this, and keep up the great work!
Back to the top

Rick…You also might want to mention that without the Owls Nest and it's following there might not be a place to target advertisement for these events (for free).  Just sayin' 
Back to the top

WHERE WERE YOU GUYS?

You wanna know where i was?

I was at home crying in the corner cause we suck soo bad…..

Honestly though;

I was on the way to campus from work (got out at 2pm) and when UAB went up 14-0 and we sounded like a High School Team, i decided that i couldnt justify listening to anymore of the UAB scrimmage, little less justify sitting a watching it. So instead i met some of the other fans that were feeling the same way and went to the Ale House, we all followed the game on a laptop and cell phones…..

On a side note the promotion for this event was horrible, if it wasnt for my friends that are on program board, and still on campus i wouldnt have even heard of it.  Ted helped out a bit but it was a weak effort. 
Back to the top

You went to the alehouse!!! Bet that cost more than $5!
That's all fine but when I look at the posts last week much of the complaining was about the $5!!!
Come on guys was FIVE DOLLARS really the problem? You argued that we shouldn't try to recoup any of the costs b/c the bonfire and other events don't try. Overall we appreciate your compliments but still feel that comments from some on the site were derogatory to what we are trying to accomplish.
If you all knew what it took to get that game up you would be amazed. Many people  do not understand the intricacies of televising a game be it one camera or many! We need to establish the value of paying to have this done. With the turn out we had it will be difficult to justify in the future.
So why would you pay CSTV for a feed that wasn't near the quality we provided?  ??? Most of your and others complaints were about $5 then you went and paid a NON FAU entity probably more than that!! Doesn't make sense to me.
We provided 14 foot tall screens and lots of free food!!! How did it look on your 5-6inch screen on your computer?
We appreciate the site but I can get the same info on other sites so don't assume that you are the one and only source for information about the OWLS.
Quit  making excuses for why you wont attend pull out your wallet and support the events that try to move us forward! I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU IN PERSON!!!
Back to the top

I didnt say anything about $5.00

but

FYI it cost me 5.72 after tax and 8.72 after tip, that got me a seat to watch all the games going on at the time and a pitcher of beer……

Back to the top

ohh and unlike other people on here, if you want to meet me feel free, i invite you out to any home football game, or most basketball games…ill be there

just look for me…

fyi; im not coach jarvis
Back to the top

I was there.
I made the trip from Plantation, paid my $5, watched the game, ate free food and did not complaint about my losing team.
I just don't understand why these fans tend to go some other places instead of supporting your own school.
These are the same fans that are late for the game and don't care if the team walks out watching an empty stadium.
Please fans, support your own school, create that environment, let your money make an impact on the services FAU offers.
This case reminds me of the marketing dept rejecting YouruniversityTV.com virtual tour offered few years ago by some FAU alumni.
SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL!
(I am not pointing fingers, It is just my opinion)
BE THERE for the ASU game.
Back to the top

I was at Alehouse with Nunzio. I was watching college football and I was outside and it did cost more than $5. $5 isn't the problem. Everyone can afford $5. I have season tickets to football and I've had them for 5 years now. I plan on having season tickets into the foreseeable future. I don't care if it was free, I don't need to watch this team lose, I do that enough at home games. No one said anything about it being easy to broadcast games. You are overreacting here.

Instead of trying to piss people off by telling them they're cheap and they're a bunch of whiners why not try and understand the South Florida fan base. If we are a losing team, people just don't care. It's nothing personal against you or OWLTV. Most people don't care enough to show up and watch FAU at home, nonetheless an away game against UAB. If you did this again in the future and the team didn't suck like they do this season I'm sure you'd have a better turn out.

Also if you do, do this again, you gotta give people more than a 2 day notice. If not for OwlsNest I'd have no idea this was even going on

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: