Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Univ. of New Orleans exploring reclassification to DIII

The University of New Orleans announced it is exploring reclassification from its current Division I status to Division III, effective with the 2010-11 academic year. The school cited budgetary concerns as its primary reason for switching divisions and committed to a decision by May 15, 2010.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

From ncaa.org

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: Univ. of New Orleans exploring reclassification to DIII

Back to the top

Div. III is non-scholarshiped athletics. A lot of fund raising goes on at DIII schools.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Yeah, i got that piece…but what happened to the 50M  ;D
Back to the top

Univ. of New Orleans exploring reclassification to DIII

Wow, that sucks!

Add football and grow guys! Personally, I wish the Belt would drop the schools that don't want to participate in all the sports. It puts the football svhools at a disadvantage as they ca put all their resources into the few sports they play.

Also, very sad for the scholorship atheletes fixing to get the rides pulled!
Back to the top

Rick said

Yeah, i got that piece…but what happened to the 50M  ;D

Apparently a lot of it is tied up in the courts. So far 500K has been recieved but after the lawsuits and lawyers get done it might only net to UNO 3-5 MIllion and that could be years away.

There is a thread up on the Sun Belt board about it and also what could happen to the confrence in regards to scheduleing and expansion. Interesting reading. If UNO and Denver (also rumored to be leaveing) that would only leave UALR in the confrence as the lone non-football member.

UNO to D-III ?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Belt could add Ga. Southern and Ga. State to bring it to 12 football schools, set up 6 team divisions and play a conference championship game.

Back to the top
Control functions: