Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR FAU vs. ASU

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR FAU vs. ASU

My predictions have been BAD as of late just like the play of the FAU defense. Yet, we have four more to go so I thought about it, did some research, and it is now time for this week's predictions.

My confidence in FAU is low. Not so much on the offensive side of the ball, but the defense. They have given me little reason to believe that they can hold ASU to fewer than 40 points. Despite this trepidation I have to take FAU since ASU has been anything but spectacular on offense in their last 4 outings with 3 games in which they scored 18 or fewer points and the lone 'big' offensive output coming in a 27-10 win against FIU. Can FAU fair better than the yellow kitties from down the road? I sure hope so. Fortunately for FAU the ASU rushing attack is virtually non-existent (aside from the 276 they put up against FIU…again, that was FIU). Other than the FIU game they have been as pathetic running the ball as FAU has been stopping the run. We could see a case of the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object in Saturday's game. Okay, maybe not quite as exciting as that. More like watching two dyslexic kids at a spelling bee. In any case, here is how I see it.

JVC comes to play and throws for 2 tds, but the star is Bam-Bam Morris. He goes for BIG yardage and keeps FAU in this game. The FAU run defense will actually look good. Not by any of their own doing, but because ASU has only averaged 2.42 yards per carry against 1-A opponents excluding FIU. So, FAU should be able to hold ASU to 5.0 yards per carry (far better than what FAU has done against opponents throughout much of the season). The ineptitude of the ASU offense spells victory for FAU.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 37 ASU 31

OWLS WIN!!  OWLS WIN!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR FAU vs. ASU

68 points in the Pick 'Em for game seven for OwlFan1…….

(note to self)

;D
Back to the top

Rick said

(note to self)

;D

I don't recall what I chose in Pick 'Em as far as points. I think it was actually something close to that though.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Rick said

(note to self)

;D

I don't recall what I chose in Pick 'Em as far as points. I think it was actually something close to that though.

GO OWLS!!!

Pretty sure I chose 70 this week in Pick 'Em lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The Red Wolves are having their problems on both side of the ball and are doing some shuffling to find a magic antidote to right their ship.

The Owls will be able to move the ball on the Red Wolves and if the Owl Defense can some how offer enough resistance this should be a win for the Owls.  The Owls will win the TOP, but will it be enough?

Should be an easy win, yet the Owls in Lockfart this season has been anything but stellar.  If history is any indications, the game will be decided in the 4th quarter on the last possession.  :P

If the Owls can somehow manage to not self inflict wounds and allow the Red Wolves to hang around to steal this game away, a common theme at Lockfart for the Owls, then VanCamp just might get his first collegiate victory.

Won't predict a score, but it will be an ugly Owl Victory.

Back to the top

Bytor said

The Red Wolves are having their problems on both side of the ball and are doing some shuffling to find a magic antidote to right their ship.

The Owls will be able to move the ball on the Red Wolves and if the Owl Defense can some how offer enough resistance this should be a win for the Owls.  The Owls will win the TOP, but will it be enough?

Should be an easy win, yet the Owls in Lockfart this season has been anything but stellar.  If history is any indications, the game will be decided in the 4th quarter on the last possession.  :P

If the Owls can somehow manage to not self inflict wounds and allow the Red Wolves to hang around to steal this game away, a common theme at Lockfart for the Owls, then VanCamp just might get his first collegiate victory.

We have won the time of possession on numerous occasions, but still end up losing in unceremonious fashion. I don't care how we win, we can have 10 minutes of time of possession for all I care, as long as we win.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Bytor said

The Owls will be able to move the ball on the Red Wolves and if the Owl Defense can some how offer enough resistance this should be a win for the Owls.  The Owls will win the TOP, but will it be enough?

Should be an easy win, yet the Owls in Lockfart this season has been anything but stellar.  If history is any indications, the game will be decided in the 4th quarter on the last possession.  :P

We have won the time of possession on numerous occasions, but still end up losing in unceremonious fashion. I don't care how we win, we can have 10 minutes of time of possession for all I care, as long as we win.

GO OWLS!!!

I hear on you that…TOP didn't help in the MTSU loss, I just threw it in there ( a positive of some sort  ;) )
Back to the top

FAU 42 ASU 30

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: