Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

fiu 20th ranked recruiting for 2010

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: fiu 20th ranked recruiting for 2010

Exit39 said

College Basketball is weird in a way that these kids can hurt us but it may be only for a season. If they are as good as they say and they think they can play in the NBA they may only be at FIU for a season and then enter the NBA. We may not be recruiting on as high of level as they are but the kids we recruit are going to stick around for 4 years, graduate and hopefully if any of them are good enough get drafted. Remember the draft is only 2 rounds so you have to really be something special to get drafted.

Thomas has A LOT to prove. He's proven he can bring in big recruits just on name recognition, but it's 1 thing to bring in big recruits, it's another to actually coach them. Some people are great basketball players but they just don't make good coaches. Look at Magic Johnson, one of the greatest NBA players of all time and one of the worst head coaches. In fact the only thing worse than his coaching career with the Lakers was his talk show lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Thomas has A LOT to prove. He's proven he can bring in big recruits just on name recognition, but it's 1 thing to bring in big recruits, it's another to actually coach them.

Yep. He's drawing in talent but I bet you anything he landed them by promising he'd use his contacts to pave a road into the NBA… because really, what else does he have to offer? All well and good… I just hope he follows through on that promise for their sake.
Back to the top

fiu 20th ranked recruiting for 2010

FAU had a big name college star All-American and NBA player as a coach. I can remember watching the NCAA championship game years ago . His team was unstopable. Just rolled over the opponent. He was a first round draft pick of the NBA. 5th pick overall. Sidney Green didn't do well making the transition to coach. But he was a big time college and NBA player. I heard his recruiting talents were good. So he probably played his "I've got connections with the NBA" card also.

When Doherty came on board and changed the style of play, I remember reading comments from the opponents saying the Owls are playing more like a coached team now rather then school yard ball. This was the last year in the A-Sun.  Green could talk the talk but not coach. He didn't get anyone drafted either. So we shall see how Thomas works out.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

0-2 for Thomas so far keep those losses coming!

He is getting some exposure on Sportscenter but that'll die down after the first few games I think, he's just so much controversy surrounding him that they can't NOT talk about what he's doing now.
Back to the top

BAD loss for FIU, they were lucky NC played so loose with the ball (something like 26 turnovers) to keep the score respectable. We hung better with KY last year, these guys might have beat them!
Back to the top

fiu got whipped by Monmouth last night. lost by just shy of 30, gave up 99 points.

the only reason why i said it could help us is as by a conference in general. having 5+ teams in the top 100 RPI would be nice.
Back to the top
Control functions: