Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Good Job D!

They took a lot of heat last week, so after an impressive performance yesterday it's only right to congratulate Kirk Hoza and his D for stepping up this week. Maybe it was the changes in the lineup or maybe it was coaching adjustments (I wasn't at the game so I have no idea), but either way, nice job bouncing back!

Perhaps it's too late to get us into the postseason this season, but lets finish the year strong.  Let's go to Troy and make a statement that we may have been down this year but we are coming for them in 2010!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Re: Good Job D!

Good Job D!

The D did do a much better job.

BUT, ASU was very conservative with their play calling, I thought.  They kicked a FG on 4th down from the 4 yard line when they were down 19 with about 7 minutes to go?  ASU could have scored more points.  After watching our D the past week, I don't think many teams in the country would have called such a conservative game against us.

Our D still gave up many "bad" plays, they just resulted in FGs, but still a much better overall effort and result.

Back to the top

fauowl said

The D did do a much better job.

BUT, ASU was very conservative with their play calling, I thought.  They kicked a FG on 4th down from the 4 yard line when they were down 19 with about 7 minutes to go?  ASU could have scored more points.  After watching our D the past week, I don't think many teams in the country would have called such a conservative game against us.

Our D still gave up many "bad" plays, they just resulted in FGs, but still a much better overall effort and result.

Good points. I felt that the D did do a better job this week. The results were a few more 3-and-outs. However, they really had a hard time with the QB option runs. He killed us on quite a few runs, inside and outside. I also with your comments concerning ASU's conservative play calls. We were fortunate they got hungry with only 2 minutes left in the game. But hey, they held a team to 18 points with mostly field goals, definitely in the right direction.
Back to the top

And people, don't count us out at Troy, their pass D sucks and Brown (qb) is throwing a lot of picks this year. They are beatable!
Back to the top

They're already thinking about New Orleans….lets shake it up a little bit.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I agree, let's be positive, but seriously, our D is not very good.  I was at the game and we improved, but we are no where near competing with Troy.  Hopefully we can have a great week and continue to improve.  We are a legitimate top 40 offense and a legitimate bottom 10 defense.

Back to the top

I was not at the game, but I know the game's most important stat: FAU 35, Arkansas State 18. Other stats are important as well, of course, but not as important as this one. The offense spoke for itself. As for the defense: Any time a team can hold the opponents to field goals on four of five scoring drives, it deserves congratulations. Give up yards in the middle of the field, just not between the one and the goal line. Congrats to all involved, and thanks for the strong effort, gentlemen. Onward.
Back to the top

D was better, but still gave up huge gains. If we can cut down on those, we would be able to help out our O some

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: