Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What to expect against Troy

What to expect against Troy

on Saturday?

The Trojans have been playing well and are in a very familiar place…at the top of the conference standings without a lost.

The Owls on the other hand have been floundering.  The effort on Saturday was an improvement, with some hesitation of getting overly optimistic, we did play a team that has struggled offensively all season and showed why…4 field goals from the red-zone.

VanCamp we be facing his toughest task yet as a starter which doesn't concern me as much as what the defense will do.  Jeff's scrambling abilities should help him and if he continues to make good decisions we should be find offensively.

Defensively, the Owls had a good touting against the Red Wolves.  The question will be can they build on it.  They go in to Troy with some confidence, which is a VERY good thing, last thing you need is to be down heading into that game.

What will the defense have to give the Owls a chance on Saturday? 
Back to the top

Re: What to expect against Troy

Bytor said

What will the defense have to give the Owls a chance on Saturday?

A good game with no mistakes, no stupid penalties and as a bonus create some turnovers to favor us.
A few lucky bounces… but yeah, if we are firing on all cylinders we have a shot of the upset, just not going to expect it.
Back to the top

I would like to think we have a chance, but i have a feeling that all we will get is a good old fashioned

Back to the top

Troy is -16 points...yikes!
Back to the top

No doubt in my mind they have 550 yards of offense against us.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Apparently, if we want to beat Troy, FAU needs their work horse, Alfred Morris, to score TWICE!

******* FAU has only won games this season, when "BAM BAM" tallies at least two TD's in a game. Run Morris, run!!!!

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

I really think to win Morris and Stinton have to combine for close to 40 carries to win this one. We have to keep their offense off the field, and the best way to accomplish that is the ride our backs and our O-line.....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Good luck! ::)
Back to the top

Trojan1 said

Good luck! ::)

Might need a good dose of it.

I would like for us to play 60 minutes of football on both side of the ball.

Last Saturday…it was really nice to see both unit preform well during the second half, the defense had a very good game overall, they did give up some big runs yet manged to keep the opposing offense out of the end zone.  The Trojan won't be as forgiving they have a much better offense then the Red Wolves and should be able to convert on most of their opportunities in the red zone.

The Owls can ill afford to fall behind early…we need to be able to stay with the run a long as possible.  We seem to play much better when we combine a good mix of run & pass.

If the Owls will have a fighting chance we need to get off to a good start.
Back to the top

I say hit Troy hard and fast on Sat. through the air (their pass D is not good to put it nicely). Keep them playing from behind, they ar not used to it and don't like it! Brown threw three picks last week playing from behind.
Back to the top
Control functions: