Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU vs Troy - Nov. 21st, 4:15PM EST

Add topic

Game Week Thread: FAU vs Troy - Nov. 21st, 4:15PM EST

When: Saturday, November 21st, 4:15PM EST, Movie Gallery Stadium.

Internet Broadcast: Here

TV: CSS (Comcast 32 Palm Beach County)

Live Video: Troy Pay Per View

ESPN360 LIVE feed: HERE

Live Stats: Here

Team Information:

FAU Game Notes - TBA

Troy Game Notes - TBA

Previous Meetings:

FAU is 1-5 against the Trojans

10-26-02 L 61-14
11-06-04 L 24-6
11-05-05 L 28-14
11-11-06 L 24-17
12-01-07 W 38-32
10-07-08 L 30-17

Back to the top

Re: Game Week Thread: FAU vs Troy - Nov. 21st, 4:15PM EST

Trojans not thinking too much about bowl plans, focus on FAU

The Trojans can clinch a fourth straight Sun Belt Confer­ence championship with a win Saturday afternoon over Florida Atlantic at Movie Gallery Veter­ans Stadium.

The Sun Belt champion regu­larly goes to the New Orleans Bowl. However, the Trojans could consider other options rather than go to New Orleans for the third time in four sea­sons.

"I'd rather play in New Or­leans because it's close to home, but if we go somewhere else, I'll be happy, too," safety Court­land Fuller said. "It doesn't matter to me. I just want to keep on playing.

"I don't know the other bowl tie-ins or how that goes. I know we have to win to have a chance to go to a bowl."

Full Entry
Back to the top

Effects, memories of 2008 Florida Atlantic game linger

Quarterback Jamie Hamp­ton suffered a season-ending knee injury last season against the Owls, who allegedly cele­brated on the field as Hampton was carted off.

A year later, with Florida At­lantic coming to Troy on Satur­day, Hampton is being red­shirted and his replacement, Levi Brown, is posting Sun Belt Conference player of the year numbers.

And the play still irritates some Trojans.

"I'm glad I got my chance to play, but I really wish it would have happened another way than Jamie tearing his ACL and suffering a season-ending in­jury," Brown said. "I'd never wish that on anyone, especially on him.

"I guess it worked out for me. I feel bad saying that."

Full Entry
Back to the top

Troy hopes to avoid 2007 repeat

After dominating Sun Belt Conference play all season, the Trojans needed just one simple win to wrap up a second straight New Orleans Bowl bid. Only there was nothing simple that day about Florida Atlantic.

A 38-32 loss left the Trojans home for the holidays, despite an eight-win season.

"We don't want the same thing to happen this year as my freshman year," junior receiver Jerrel Jernigan said. "We want to go undefeated in the conference this year."

Full Entry

Back to the top

As stated before on other threads, but deserves repeating:

This game will be blacked out locally on ESPN360 and ESPN Gameplan.

I hope the watch party has Comcast…

Attachment
250 views (87 Kb)
Back to the top

Troy's Pay Per View link has been added up top…was waiting for the ESPN360 black-out decision…
Back to the top

Troy's Woods to observe Senior Day II

Link
Back to the top

Troy looks to clinch Sun Belt

One more conference win is all the Troy Trojans need before it can book plane tickets back to a familiar place – New Orleans.

With a win today over visiting Florida Atlantic, the Trojans will secure its fourth straight Sun Belt championship.

However, before Troy begins dreaming about the post season, it has to get past an Owls team that has dealt the Trojans trouble in the past.

“These games [with FAU] are always competitive,” head coach Larry Blakeney said.

“We better be ready to face a great football team – we cannot let what happened two years ago happen again.”

Full Article
Back to the top

If there was a reliable internet connection it would have been broadcast on justin.tv through a proxy to avoid the blackout, but there is no reliable internet connection so I guess everyone will have to watch some CSS...or go to the game like me.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Try www.channelsurfing.net as well.
Back to the top
Control functions: