Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Can the Owls win at Troy?

A road game for the Owls.

Can the Owls play well to bring home a victory?  I know it has been a disappointing season so far, would a win against the Trojan help salvage the season?
Back to the top

Re: Can the Owls win at Troy?

I have absolutely no reason to believe the Owls can win at Troy.  If we cannot beat teams like Wyoming, ULM at home, and barely beat the likes of North Texas on the road and get destroyed by UAB, then no.  Hope I am wrong, but I have witnessed every game and we simply have a terrible defense.
Back to the top

Can the Owls win at Troy?

Highly unlikely, but man it would be nice to see JVC turn it up and torch Troy for some big yardage. Unfortunately, even if that happens I am still not convinced that the defense can stop Troy.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We have never been great against Troy, winning only 1 of six matchups, since our inception. However, I think we are at the point in the season, where we realize we need to turn things around. We have won 3 out of our previous five games, two of those wins were on the road. Offense stills looks good even without Rusty at the helm, and with our recent defensive changes, it looks like we can make a game out of it. I think if Troy wins, it will still be a very close game. However, I think our guys want to win this game more than any other game this season. Stranger upsets have happened.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

I think our guys well be ready for yall….1) its our last home game of the season. 2) We win this game, we win the Sun Belt. 3) We hardly EVER lose at home, (we have the 4th best home record in all of college football) 4) Last time yall beat us at home and our guys remember that SH**. 5) We just lost to Arkansas and are ready to take it out on somebody. 6) yall lost to UAB, we arent about to lose to someone UAB beat this year. when we kicked the crap out of them already
Back to the top

Trojan1 said

I think our guys well be ready for yall….1) its our last home game of the season. 2) We win this game, we win the Sun Belt. 3) We hardly EVER lose at home, (we have the 4th best home record in all of college football) 4) Last time yall beat us at home and our guys remember that SH**. 5) We just lost to Arkansas and are ready to take it out on somebody. 6) yall lost to UAB, we arent about to lose to someone UAB beat this year. when we kicked the crap out of them already

I read this and think of the every adult voice on Charlie Brown Whaa,whaa whaa, wha whaa wha. It's just noise.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

3) We hardly EVER lose at home, (we have the 4th best home record in all of college football)

Except when you got your but kicked and dominated in 2007!  We sure do remember that ::)
Back to the top

Ya i made menchion of that in #4..

Yall wont do that again let me assure you!

Plus yall wont keep us out even if we do lose to yall….we will just beat ULL in that case
Back to the top

and you did not dominate us in the 2007 game…I remember it was less than a touchdown game in the final 2mins of the game and we had the ball on your 30 yard line..

We did not have out head in that game at all.
Back to the top

And ya'll did not "kick the crap" out of UAB this year either (they did kick the shit out of us though!).

Ya'll are favored, but that is why we play the game. See you ON THE FIELD Saturday.
Back to the top
Control functions: