Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

One time, at Van Camp

Has anyone else noticed just how good Jeff Van Camp has been playing? And I don't mean in just his two starts, i meant all season.

JVC 2009 Stats:

CMP  ATT  YDS  CMP%  YDS/A  TD  INT  RAT
56     94     693   59.6     7.37     6     2     138.3

Also in his two starts, JVC has put up 7 total TD's (6 in the air, 1 one the ground).

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Re: One time, at Van Camp

I love the thread title…classic Owlando! :D :D

Back to the top

Back to the top

NCowl said

That is awesome!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I think we had 2 great QBs and Rusty got a shot first and JVC got stuck behind him.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Yep, he is doing great as some of us knew he would, given the chance. Too bad we did not play him more at the beginning of the season. He possibly could have gotten us a win in a few of those games. Appears that FAU was intent on getting Rusty his 10,000 yards .. or was that coincidence ??

Just another reason why we should be playing the best player that week if we want to win. How many other players do we have sitting on the bench, not contributing or getting a chance to show what they can do in a game day situation ???
Back to the top

One time, at Van Camp

I still think that Rusty was, at his best, better and had been tested.. Its like with Grothe, BJ Daniels is great but Grothe was tested and was 'better'.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Not taking anything from Rusty, but if we had put Jeff in when Rusty was not playing his best, who knows what could have happened. Just wondering if he had been playing hurt.
Time will only tell how good Jeff will be. At least he will be given more than 1 year to prove it.
Back to the top

Jeff has proven him self solid in the last two games - hands down.  We are more than fortunate to have a situation where there is little to no drop off when our starter was replaced…he's setting up very nicely for his senior season next year!
Back to the top

it took me a while to figure out the title of this...especially being a band person..but thats pretty funny
Back to the top
Control functions: