Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football: Sun Belt Action - Nov. 21st

Football: Sun Belt Action - Nov. 21st

Here are the games for the Belt on this fine Saturday.

Florida International(3-8, 3-4) at #1 Florida(11-0, 8-0) - Final: 3-62
This game won't be pretty, the Golden Kitties will be licking their wounds on the bus ride back to Miami.
Tebow will probably play into the 4th quarter no matter what the score is, it will be a statement game for them and there will be plenty of points…Scored by the Gators that is, might very well be a 50 point differential.

Army(4-6) at North Texas(2-8, 1-6) - Final: 17-13
This might be a home game for the Mean Green and at this point of the season, I don't think playing at home today will be much of a home field advantage for the Mean Green…as Army notches a road victory.

Florida Atlantic(3-6, 3-2) at Troy(7-3,6-0) - Final: 21-47
The Owls have not made it easy on themselves all season, the Trojans on the other hand have taken care of business.  Something this young Owl program need to learn from the Trojans, who have been doing this for a while.

The Owls can salvage this season by beating the Trojans at home, something they did back in '07 on their way to New Orleans.  The Trojans have not forgotten, and would like nothing more to avenge that home loss, last year did very little in their minds to rectify the lost.

The Trojans have what the Owls need, a bit of attitude…and are a very focus bunch.  A tall order is in effect if the Owls want to steal a victory in Troy today.  The defense will have to play their most complete game of the season and play opportunistic football…and create some turnovers.

Wet weather conditions have not been the greatest friends for the Owls and seems like the weather condition might play a role on the out come of this game…strange thing do happen in bad weather conditions, so Owl fans will have to pray for some good bounces to go the Owls way.

This could be a very ugly game for the Owls, if they do not stay focus for 60 minutes on all phases of the game.  Regardless, the Owls will need one of their better performances today.

Trojans will unfortunately take care of business and drown out any hopes the Owls will have of a victory in Troy.  Kris Bartels will be up in Alabama for the game today and according to him, the last time he was in Troy…the Owls did walk away victorious.  Maybe he will be the lucky charms the Owls need today.

Arkansas State(2-7, 1-4) at Middle Tennessee(7-3, 5-1) - Final: 14-38
The role seems to have reversed here.  The Red Wolves where a team at the begging of the season picked among the favorites to win the conference, yet find themselves at the bottom of the heap.  While the Blue Raiders climbed their way into a position to at least have a share the title.

Important game for the Raiders and as they face a team still looking for answers.  The Red Wolves are on the road on consecutive Saturdays and  the road warriors will not find any answers in Murfreesboro.  The Blue Raiders coach seems a bit surprised on where his team finds itself and as a veteran coach he is, will  not let the Blue Raiders fall flat and let the chance to finish the season near the top of the conference slip.

Even with the lost to Troy, the Raiders still cling to hope of a shared title if they continue to take care of business.  Yes, they need a little help and I'm sure there are a bunch of Blue Raiders fans out there today, as painful as it might be for them, will be pulling for the Owls today.

The Raiders do take care of business and roll big in this one.

Louisiana-Monroe(6-4, 5-1) at Louisiana-Lafayette(5-5, 3-3) - Final: 21-17

The battle of the Bayou's.

The Warhawk's are every bit in the chase for a shared title much like their conference foe in the Blue Raiders and will be facing a much better opponent in the Cajun's.

Everything points to the Warhawks taking this game, yet the Cajuns would like nothing better to ruin their season and a chance to move over .500.  Unfortunately for the Cajuns, the Warhawks are just a better team and will win this one on the road to keep their dream alive.

Back to the top

Re: Football: Sun Belt Action - Nov. 21st

Some writers don't think so, but I beleive Stockstill will bolt MTSU for Memphis and CUSA (with his staff, esp. Franklin), an upward move for him and his staff. No young coach with ANY ambition wants to be stuck in the Belt!

With all the negative pub. from firing West, they will open the checkbooks to the program and the new coaches or they will be bottom dwellers in CUSA forever!

So the pressure is on the admin. to fix the situation, which I admire West for raising the stink to help the new staff and the program, even after he took the fall!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Some writers don't think so, but I beleive Stockstill will bolt MTSU for Memphis and CUSA (with his staff, esp. Franklin), an upward move for him and his staff. No young coach with ANY ambition wants to be stuck in the Belt!

With all the negative pub. from firing West, they will open the checkbooks to the program and the new coaches or they will be bottom dwellers in CUSA forever!

So the pressure is on the admin. to fix the situation, which I admire West for raising the stink to help the new staff and the program, even after he took the fall!

Might be a good fit for Stockstill. 
Back to the top

Finals:

FIU at UF 63-2

Army at NT 17-13

FAU at Troy 47-21

ASU at MTSU  38-14

Back to the top

:(

I went 4-1 with my picks - missing on the ULMvsULL game.

Looks like the Trojans will repeat as Conference Champs, worse they can do is tie with the Raiders.

The Trojans will travel to Louisiana-Lafayette to face the Cajun's, while The Blue Raiders will travel to Louisiana-Monroe to face the Warhawks.

The Blue Raiders will need the Cajun's to pull off an upset, while they take care of business and beat Monroe to claim a Co-Champion.  If history proves anything, the Trojans will do whatever it takes to win the title out right.  Remember the topic of discussion that ensued in the off-season when both teams shared the title.

Yikes!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Stock has already made the announcement that he has turned down Fred Smith (FedEx CEO) at Memphis. He turned down $1.5 million at Memphis to stay at MT.
Back to the top

KAjunRaider said

Stock… turned down $1.5 million at Memphis to stay at MTSU.

That's ridiculous.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

KAjunRaider said

Stock… turned down $1.5 million at Memphis to stay at MTSU.

That's ridiculous.

Why??

Nothing worg with being loyal to rou players, and program…people put too much emphasis on $$$ IMO…….
Back to the top

Surprised by the figures, but apparently it is true.

One thing Stockstill is ……… loyal.

And Memphis State is in shambles and not a very good place to live.
Back to the top

KAjunRaider said

Surprised by the figures, but apparently it is true.

One thing Stockstill is ……… loyal.

And Memphis State is in shambles and not a very good place to live.

Was he offered the job or just a candidate?  If he turned down that type of money then he's either intensely loyal or nuts.  If he was just one of a number of candidates and withdrew, then it is unlikely he was a serious contender for the position.  I'm all for loyalty, but turning down 3 times your current salary? If he stayed there for 5 years, that is the type of money that can set your family up for generations.  Hard to turn that down.
Back to the top
Control functions: