Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pat Forde says Howard on the Hot Seat....

Charlie Weis, Les Miles and rivalry games take center stage - ESPN

Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic.

Then: 0-4. Now: 3-7. Tough to get rid of the guy who founded the program, but the Owls have performed below their perceived talent level this season after going 15-11 the previous two years.

Not Howard, but they do need to look at th Defenseive coaching IMHO.

3 years of falling Defense is enough.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Pat Forde says Howard on the Hot Seat....

Pat Forde is off-track.

First off, doesn't understand the politics of FAU…there is no force to put him on the hot seat - no booster voice, etc.

But he seems to get the main point:

We owe EVERYTHING we are to Coach - period.  He is FAU Football.

Hot seat…lol
Back to the top

But by now I think we all agree on this, somebody better be on a hot seat on this staff. It is so obvious we are being outcoached nearly every game!
Back to the top

Howard stays as long as he can/wants to stay.  His coordinators, the guys who do the real coaching, on the other hand should absolutely be on the "hot seat".  We are going to finish the year in the bottom 5 in total defense.  We have accomplished what we have in spite of our D.  Since moving to I-A, they have been the far inferior unit.  The past three seasons, we have ranked 82nd, 92nd, and now 116th.  The D is in decline and changes have to be made.  I'll be very disappointed if we do not make some type of significant change on the defensive staff after the season.  Remaining with the status quo would signify that the type of performances we have witnessed this year are acceptable.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Howard stays as long as he can/wants to stay.  His coordinators, the guys who do the real coaching, on the other hand should absolutely be on the "hot seat".  We are going to finish the year in the bottom 5 in total defense.  We have accomplished what we have in spite of our D.  Since moving to I-A, they have been the far inferior unit.  The past three seasons, we have ranked 82nd, 92nd, and now 116th.  The D is in decline and changes have to be made.  I'll be very disappointed if we do not make some type of significant change on the defensive staff after the season.  Remaining with the status quo would signify that the type of performances we have witnessed this year are acceptable.

This sums it up perfectly in my mind…exactly.
Back to the top

The only way Howard Schnellenberger should be on the hot seat is if he pushes the seat warmer button in his car. I won't say the same for some of his assistants. 
Back to the top

This team has been unprepared and undisciplined from the beginning of the season. Something BIG is wrong and it has not been identified or fixed after 10 games. It appears that the game has passed our head football coach and coordinators by and they are holding us back.

If Schnellenberger does not fire Hoza at the end of the season, he SHOULD be on the hot seat. Hoza has had too many bad years and Coach S. is allowing the demise of this team and program to happen.

If Schnellenberger does not stop this decline, Angelos must step in.
Back to the top

grayowl said

The only way Howard Schnellenberger should be on the hot seat is if he pushes the seat warmer button in his car.

Post of the day goes to grayowl!  :D
Back to the top

FAUFBL said

This team has been unprepared and undisciplined from the beginning of the season. Something BIG is wrong and it has not been identified or fixed after 10 games. It appears that the game has passed our head football coach and coordinators by and they are holding us back.

If Schnellenberger does not fire Hoza at the end of the season, he SHOULD be on the hot seat. Hoza has had too many bad years and Coach S. is allowing the demise of this team and program to happen.

If Schnellenberger does not stop this decline, Angelos must step in.

Agreed.  There have been many examples of coaches, specifically those who are icons or even merely have been in charge for a long time, being "forced" to change coordinators when things go south.  Heck, Bobby Bowden had to replace his son at FSU.  I'm hopeful that Howard realizes that this D is preventing HIS program from advancing to the next level.  Our offense was 42nd overall last year and is currently ranked 20th this year.  With even an average defense we would be having our best year ever.  It really is a shame.  I'd like to think he'll do the right thing for the program and fix this thing the right way while he is still able to lead this team.  However, if he doesn't see the problem, Angelos must demand changes be made.  We are trying to develop a fan base here and a defense that has become a laughingstock will set the program back years.
Back to the top

Pat Forde says Howard on the Hot Seat....

If FAU ever put Coach on "the hot seat" I would stop being a fan of football here. Can you imagine if we had ANY type of defense this year? If we had the 80th ranked defense in the country we would have won all but 2 games, maybe 3 this year.
Back to the top
Control functions: