Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day Thread: WKU vs FAU - Nov. 28th, 4:00PM EST

Add topic

Re: Game Day Thread: WKU vs FAU - Nov. 28th, 4:00PM EST

I never thought I would say this about my Owls, but this team is not exciting to watch…even in victory.

I really hope the administration reads some of these posts.

I have been to every game since the beginning of the program and to be honest, for the first time, I feel like there is zero entertainment value to going to the games.  This must be addressed if the new stadium is to have any impact on this program.  We won and it feels like a loss.  It is terrible, terrible football to witness.

I feel like a traitor even saying it, but it must be said because this is like watching high school players out there, honestly. 
Back to the top

fauowl said

I never thought I would say this about my Owls, but this team is not exciting to watch…even in victory.

I really hope the administration reads some of these posts.

I have been to every game since the beginning of the program and to be honest, for the first time, I feel like there is zero entertainment value to going to the games.  This must be addressed if the new stadium is to have any impact on this program.  We won and it feels like a loss.  It is terrible, terrible football to witness.

I feel like a traitor even saying it, but it must be said because this is like watching high school players out there, honestly.

Agreed 100%. I was bored out of my mind.
Back to the top

Bytor said

Making them look like studs.

Do give WKU some credit.  Its not like we try to be bad, and its not like a young team can't get better over the season.  This is our third close miss in a row… the first two coming against two of the better teams in the Sunbelt Troy we lost 40-20 (the Troy fans will tell you that it was much, much closer than that final) and ULM we lost 21-18.  We won't be bad forever.
Back to the top

WKU_Slam_Dunk said

Bytor said

Do give WKU some credit.  Its not like we try to be bad, and its not like a young team can't get better over the season.  This is our third close miss in a row… the first two coming against two of the better teams in the Sunbelt Troy we lost 40-20 (the Troy fans will tell you that it was much, much closer than that final) and ULM we lost 21-18.  We won't be bad forever.

Don't forget that you also lost to us just 24-20 last season at your place…but no one was saying any of this after that game.
Back to the top

WKU_Slam_Dunk said

Bytor said

I will give you credit.  This is not an indictment against you as much as it is against us.  My guess is that you still have tons of FCS players and you have a great future.  We do not have that excuse and should not play even with a team that has half FCS players IMO.  We looked like we were bigger at every position by a large margin, yet we could not come close to outplaying you.  We should have dominated and did not.  I would not expect you to dominate as you are transitioning.  We have been there.  I am more concerned that we cannot stop anyone.

Back to the top

Game Day Thread: WKU vs FAU - Nov. 28th, 4:00PM EST

WKU_Slam_Dunk said

Bytor said

We've been down that road that you're on right now, the transition isn't easy.

Rest easy knowing you've got the best bball team in the conference by far!  :)
Back to the top
Control functions: