Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Morris 26th in the Nation in Rushing Yards (with 2 games left)

Congratulations Bam Bam Morris!  Thank you for giving it your ALL & leaving it ALL out on the field!  Good luck today, you should move up a few spots against Western Kentucky…………………..

2009 NCAA Division I-A College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Rushing - ESPN
Back to the top

Re: Morris 26th in the Nation in Rushing Yards (with 2 games left)

20th in nation in yards per game and with WKU and FIU remaining, that number should go up considerably!
Back to the top

Moved up 5 places to 21st from WKU game!
Back to the top

Up one notch to 19th in yards per game and that include 2 players above him whom have played only one game!
Back to the top

what pisses me off about this stat is why don't we just michigan state 08' and just run the ball. Keep our pathetic defense on the bench. Run the ball on 1st, 2nd and short 3rd downs. We have stinson for short yardage. In all my years following FAU football this is the first time I thought they were poorly coached.
Back to the top

what pisses me off about this stat is why don't we just michigan state 08' and just run the ball. Keep our pathetic defense on the bench. Run the ball on 1st, 2nd and short 3rd downs. We have stinson for short yardage. In all my years following FAU football this is the first time I thought they were poorly coached.
Back to the top

Morris 26th in the Nation in Rushing Yards (with 2 games left)

Exit39 said

Unfortunately our coaches want to play within their system. At the college level it makes sense to adjust the play calling based on the talent that is on the field even if this means breaking away from a coaching philosophy that calls for a balanced offense out of the pro set. Look at what Texas has done. When they had Ricky Williams they ran him into the ground. Then they get Vince Young and the offense shifts to highlight his abilities, now they have Colt McCoy and they throw five yard passes all day. The coaches are making adjustments to fit personnel and in every case they have been successful.

For FAU there is no reason to go heavy on the run other than to keep the defense off the field and for me that is reason enough. It is not that the passing game in ineffective, but if running the ball can limit the one glaring weakness that FAU has (the defense) then I say 'run Morris run.'

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Unfortunately our coaches want to play within their system. At the college level it makes sense to adjust the play calling based on the talent that is on the field even if this means breaking away from a coaching philosophy that calls for a balanced offense out of the pro set. Look at what Texas has done. When they had Ricky Williams they ran him into the ground. Then they get Vince Young and the offense shifts to highlight his abilities, now they have Colt McCoy and they throw five yard passes all day. The coaches are making adjustments to fit personnel and in every case they have been successful.

For FAU there is no reason to go heavy on the run other than to keep the defense off the field and for me that is reason enough. It is not that the passing game in ineffective, but if running the ball can limit the one glaring weakness that FAU has (the defense) then I say 'run Morris run.'

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: