Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

This dude is mad...

So i was casually strolling through the FIU football message boards after the game today and I stumbled upon this gem written by "hardw0od"…

Oh god, I don't know what's worse losing by 59 to Florida or by 7 to FAU. These clowns are over on their board touting themselves as if they just won the Super Bowl. I'm really starting to hate these classes bums from Boca (The Octogenerian capital of the World) These idiots have the audacity to claim that they had MORE fans at the game than we did; hilarious. They had a total of 600 or so fans at the game to our 10,000 plus. FAU has NEVER had 10,000 fans at ANY of their games as they overstate all of their attendance figures. I don't know if it's envy because we have a stadium or because we live in a city that is not saturated with people who drive 20 mph , but they have some serious penis envy. Truth is, they are not going to get a stadium any time soon, they will continue to play in that dump of a soccer field, they are staying home just as we are, their coach is an old senile $$$$ and they have a $$$$ bird as a mascot; a gay one at that. We cannot continue to lose games like this, i.e., to inferior teams which we dominated on the stat sheet. This is unacceptable and we should be ashamed that such a terrible team from such an inferior school came into our house and beat us. We out-recruit these guys year-in and year-out and we need to be beating teams like this.

FIUGoldenPanthers.com • View topic - I just threw up a little in my mouth...

Now, i must say, this makes me happy as hell. The fact that FIU fans actually care about this game almost as much as we do is satisfying. But, he is definitely in the wrong about the classlessness. I know that me and my roommates were running rampant throughout the FIU student section tonight, but still. It's a football game. The players have to be classy and it's our jobs as fans to make sure that they know we support them. Oh and yeah, we technically had more fans there because about 85% of their fans were in seats not caring about the game. Every FAU fan that traveled to Miami wanted to see a win.
Back to the top

This dude is mad...

So i was casually strolling through the FIU football message boards after the game today and I stumbled upon this gem written by "hardw0od"…

Oh god, I don't know what's worse losing by 59 to Florida or by 7 to FAU. These clowns are over on their board touting themselves as if they just won the Super Bowl. I'm really starting to hate these classes bums from Boca (The Octogenerian capital of the World) These idiots have the audacity to claim that they had MORE fans at the game than we did; hilarious. They had a total of 600 or so fans at the game to our 10,000 plus. FAU has NEVER had 10,000 fans at ANY of their games as they overstate all of their attendance figures. I don't know if it's envy because we have a stadium or because we live in a city that is not saturated with people who drive 20 mph , but they have some serious penis envy. Truth is, they are not going to get a stadium any time soon, they will continue to play in that dump of a soccer field, they are staying home just as we are, their coach is an old senile $$$$ and they have a $$$$ bird as a mascot; a gay one at that. We cannot continue to lose games like this, i.e., to inferior teams which we dominated on the stat sheet. This is unacceptable and we should be ashamed that such a terrible team from such an inferior school came into our house and beat us. We out-recruit these guys year-in and year-out and we need to be beating teams like this.

FIUGoldenPanthers.com • View topic - I just threw up a little in my mouth...

Now, i must say, this makes me happy as hell. The fact that FIU fans actually care about this game almost as much as we do is satisfying. But, he is definitely in the wrong about the classlessness. I know that me and my roommates were running rampant throughout the FIU student section tonight, but still. It's a football game. The players have to be classy and it's our jobs as fans to make sure that they know we support them. Oh and yeah, we technically had more fans there because about 85% of their fans were in seats not caring about the game. Every FAU fan that traveled to Miami wanted to see a win.
Back to the top

Re: This dude is mad...

LOL he seems real bitter (and delusional). 10,000 FIU fans to 600..really?! LOL. Sadly he seems to be the only person actually posting on their website tonight  ;D. I love how the Kitty fans talk about how they are so superior to FAU year in and year out, and year in and year out they are arguably the worst team in the NCAA.  
Back to the top

LOL he seems real bitter (and delusional). 10,000 FIU fans to 600..really?! LOL. Sadly he seems to be the only person actually posting on their website tonight  ;D. I love how the Kitty fans talk about how they are so superior to FAU year in and year out, and year in and year out they are arguably the worst team in the NCAA.  
Back to the top

Did that person actually watch the game? There were at most 5,000 total people in that stadium and even that might be generous. I read they only had 6,000 tickets distributed so how in the world did they have 10,000 FIU fans? FIU probably outnumbered our fans by a few hundred or a thousand but it was an FIU home game wasn't it?? And let's not kid ourselves either….we had a nice crowd but we filled two sections of a 15,000 seat stadium (three if you count the band). The game was played an hour or so from campus…there should have been a lot of Owls fans there. Just outnumbering FIU fans  at a football game is not really much of an accomplishment.
Back to the top

Did that person actually watch the game? There were at most 5,000 total people in that stadium and even that might be generous. I read they only had 6,000 tickets distributed so how in the world did they have 10,000 FIU fans? FIU probably outnumbered our fans by a few hundred or a thousand but it was an FIU home game wasn't it?? And let's not kid ourselves either….we had a nice crowd but we filled two sections of a 15,000 seat stadium (three if you count the band). The game was played an hour or so from campus…there should have been a lot of Owls fans there. Just outnumbering FIU fans  at a football game is not really much of an accomplishment.
Back to the top

I think the funniest thing is when think Boca is all old people who drive 20mph, yea, in their Ferrari.
Back to the top

This dude is mad...

I think the funniest thing is when think Boca is all old people who drive 20mph, yea, in their Ferrari.
Back to the top

I wasnt at the game but did watch it on TV.

Ill tell you this much, you could HEAR the FAU fans cheering and the band playing.

All I heard from the FIU side was the DJ and an occasional chant of Defense.

The FAU side looked packed but like a FIU poster said that side is smaller so it is going to look more full.

More importantly, we won the game again. They can recurit all they want, and try to downplay this game as a rivalry. That is thier choice. However they ought not to talk about losing to us as an embarasment as we have OWNED thier program in every aspect except the stadium.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I wasnt at the game but did watch it on TV.

Ill tell you this much, you could HEAR the FAU fans cheering and the band playing.

All I heard from the FIU side was the DJ and an occasional chant of Defense.

The FAU side looked packed but like a FIU poster said that side is smaller so it is going to look more full.

More importantly, we won the game again. They can recurit all they want, and try to downplay this game as a rivalry. That is thier choice. However they ought not to talk about losing to us as an embarasment as we have OWNED thier program in every aspect except the stadium.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: