Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone else annoyed by Pete Gracia's comments?

He was in the booth and one of the commentators asked him how important is getting the Don Shula trophy back?

His response was to the extent of "Well obviously it's important but we have bigger goals on our minds. "  He then proceeded to name all the body bag series's FIU has in the next few seasons and how Cristobal has to struggle now to succeed later… ::)  I don't think it was an intentional swipe at FAU, but it was just funny to listen to him minimizing the fact that FIU is getting worked by FAU year after year.
Back to the top

He was in the booth and one of the commentators asked him how important is getting the Don Shula trophy back?

His response was to the extent of "Well obviously it's important but we have bigger goals on our minds. "  He then proceeded to name all the body bag series's FIU has in the next few seasons and how Cristobal has to struggle now to succeed later… ::)  I don't think it was an intentional swipe at FAU, but it was just funny to listen to him minimizing the fact that FIU is getting worked by FAU year after year.
Back to the top

Re: Anyone else annoyed by Pete Gracia's comments?

They can live for the future all they want.  It's always about the future for them because their present stinks.  Realizing those dreams could take 20 years.  It's good to think ahead, but you cannot forget about now.  By the time they get there they won't have any fans.  Seems like they are there in that regard.  Building the fan base is a key element for growth and they are missing that point.

If they don't want to have a close rival then why do we care really?  Playing them 8 times and winning 7 doesn't exactly create a rivalry.  What Howard did to create the Shula Bowl and try to develop these programs together was genius.  Too bad they are looking 20 years ahead only.
Back to the top

They can live for the future all they want.  It's always about the future for them because their present stinks.  Realizing those dreams could take 20 years.  It's good to think ahead, but you cannot forget about now.  By the time they get there they won't have any fans.  Seems like they are there in that regard.  Building the fan base is a key element for growth and they are missing that point.

If they don't want to have a close rival then why do we care really?  Playing them 8 times and winning 7 doesn't exactly create a rivalry.  What Howard did to create the Shula Bowl and try to develop these programs together was genius.  Too bad they are looking 20 years ahead only.
Back to the top

I think we should also develop something similar to the Shula Bowl with other Belt teams like the Big 10 plays for the Old Oaken Bucket or an Ax, etc.  It brings some tradition and interest and creates great rivalries. 
Back to the top

I think we should also develop something similar to the Shula Bowl with other Belt teams like the Big 10 plays for the Old Oaken Bucket or an Ax, etc.  It brings some tradition and interest and creates great rivalries. 
Back to the top

The said

"Well obviously it's important but we have bigger goals on our minds. "

Pete, you are 1 - 7 against FAU as a team…….

Bueller??
Back to the top

The said

"Well obviously it's important but we have bigger goals on our minds. "

Pete, you are 1 - 7 against FAU as a team…….

Bueller??
Back to the top

I like the idea of another rivalry game, but with which team? I would love to see a regular meeting with USF. That was a great game with great atmosphere, and the fans were pretty civil.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I like the idea of another rivalry game, but with which team? I would love to see a regular meeting with USF. That was a great game with great atmosphere, and the fans were pretty civil.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: