Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USA to face England in Round 1 of World Cup

Add topic

The United States has been placed in Group C of the World Cup and will play England in the opening game.

England is the top seed in the group, which was drawn in Cape Town, South Africa on Friday.

The teams will meet in Rustenburg on June 12, their first World Cup matchup since the Americans' 1-0 upset victory at the 1950 tournament in Brazil. The U.S. completes the first round with its first-ever match against Algeria, a game that will be played June 23 in Pretoria.

USA vs. England Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The United States has been placed in Group C of the World Cup and will play England in the opening game.

England is the top seed in the group, which was drawn in Cape Town, South Africa on Friday.

The teams will meet in Rustenburg on June 12, their first World Cup matchup since the Americans' 1-0 upset victory at the 1950 tournament in Brazil. The U.S. completes the first round with its first-ever match against Algeria, a game that will be played June 23 in Pretoria.

USA vs. England Story

Back to the top

Re: USA to face England in Round 1 of World Cup

This is a tough one for me, being born in England and still being a citizen over there, I have to pull for the Motherland on this one, after that, the US gets my support all the way.

both teams should pull through group play though, I can't see either team suffering a shocking loss to those teams but you never know in the Copa Mundial.

Looking forward to some serious partying at some strange hours during these matches. SA is 7 hours ahead of us so the early matches will start around 6am, that's a great time to arrive at a bar!
Back to the top

This is a tough one for me, being born in England and still being a citizen over there, I have to pull for the Motherland on this one, after that, the US gets my support all the way.

both teams should pull through group play though, I can't see either team suffering a shocking loss to those teams but you never know in the Copa Mundial.

Looking forward to some serious partying at some strange hours during these matches. SA is 7 hours ahead of us so the early matches will start around 6am, that's a great time to arrive at a bar!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I don't think US will beat England. England is just too good and we just don't care enough about soccer. I guess anything can happen that's why they play the games but I do agree that US and England should make it out of the group.

I know that the manager (Vadiem) at the Lodge, is a big soccer fan. If there's a big game on and it's 7am it wouldn't surprise me if he opened for some of the games.

4 years ago when their was an early game on, it was impossible to find anyone that was open and showing the games. If there is a bar or anyone open early in the morning and showing the games I'd love to go watch

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I don't think US will beat England. England is just too good and we just don't care enough about soccer. I guess anything can happen that's why they play the games but I do agree that US and England should make it out of the group.

I know that the manager (Vadiem) at the Lodge, is a big soccer fan. If there's a big game on and it's 7am it wouldn't surprise me if he opened for some of the games.

4 years ago when their was an early game on, it was impossible to find anyone that was open and showing the games. If there is a bar or anyone open early in the morning and showing the games I'd love to go watch

Back to the top
Control functions: