Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU creating Florida surfing exhibition

Add topic

The University Galleries in Florida Atlantic University’s Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters has been awarded a $16,596 matching grant from the Florida Humanities Council to research and produce a traveling exhibition “The History and Culture of Surfing in Florida.” The grant also provides funding for public lectures and film programs at the time of the exhibition. The exhibition is being researched and designed by W. Rod Faulds, director of the University Galleries, and Paul Aho, adjunct professor of art and lifelong Florida surfer. The Florida Humanities Council aims to bring the humanities to public audiences and communities in Florida, and is affiliated with the National Endowment for the Humanities, a federal agency.

Full Story
Back to the top

The University Galleries in Florida Atlantic University’s Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters has been awarded a $16,596 matching grant from the Florida Humanities Council to research and produce a traveling exhibition “The History and Culture of Surfing in Florida.” The grant also provides funding for public lectures and film programs at the time of the exhibition. The exhibition is being researched and designed by W. Rod Faulds, director of the University Galleries, and Paul Aho, adjunct professor of art and lifelong Florida surfer. The Florida Humanities Council aims to bring the humanities to public audiences and communities in Florida, and is affiliated with the National Endowment for the Humanities, a federal agency.

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: FAU creating Florida surfing exhibition

Yea i have heard about my father has actually met with a couple the guys that are working on this to give them some of his old photo albums insight etc.
Back to the top

Yea i have heard about my father has actually met with a couple the guys that are working on this to give them some of his old photo albums insight etc.
Back to the top

I have some cool stufff too that i would be willing to offer if they would ike it…

Have a photo of a 12'+ wave at Pompano Beach at 2nd Street that a body boarder is tucked into and it is by far the best wave I have ever seen down south…silly.

Pm me the contact info for the guys if you don't mind and I will see if they want to make a copy of it…
Back to the top

I have some cool stufff too that i would be willing to offer if they would ike it…

Have a photo of a 12'+ wave at Pompano Beach at 2nd Street that a body boarder is tucked into and it is by far the best wave I have ever seen down south…silly.

Pm me the contact info for the guys if you don't mind and I will see if they want to make a copy of it…
Back to the top

Rick said

The contact info is at the bottom of the article.
Back to the top

Rick said

Back to the top

owlcountry said

Rick said

I wanted to talk to the guys his dad is working with…

The guy on the e-mail is the project manager…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Rick said

I wanted to talk to the guys his dad is working with…

The guy on the e-mail is the project manager…
Back to the top
Control functions: