Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Strong to Coach Louisville

Add topic

Finally gets his chance…Good for him.

AP Photo/Ed Reinke

Strong in place as new Louisville coach

Charlie Strong tried to stay patient, kept telling himself that one day the right opportunity to become a head football coach would come along.
Read Full Story

Back to the top

Finally gets his chance…Good for him.

AP Photo/Ed Reinke

Strong in place as new Louisville coach

Charlie Strong tried to stay patient, kept telling himself that one day the right opportunity to become a head football coach would come along.
Read Full Story

Back to the top

Re: Strong to Coach Louisville

I hope he succeeds for his sake but the cards (ha, ha) are stacked against him.

They are an offensive minded team, with almost no D and he is a defensive coach. He has nothing to work with on his side of the ball. Unless he gets a SOLID 5 year shot, he will not have time to get "his" players in on D to make a difference.

And with the Big East getting stonger all around him, it will be rough. Best of luck to you Coach.

P.S. - After they fire you, take your "severance" and come on down and be the DC at FAU for Coach Brohm!
Back to the top

I hope he succeeds for his sake but the cards (ha, ha) are stacked against him.

They are an offensive minded team, with almost no D and he is a defensive coach. He has nothing to work with on his side of the ball. Unless he gets a SOLID 5 year shot, he will not have time to get "his" players in on D to make a difference.

And with the Big East getting stonger all around him, it will be rough. Best of luck to you Coach.

P.S. - After they fire you, take your "severance" and come on down and be the DC at FAU for Coach Brohm!
Back to the top

I hope he has great success. He has been at Florida for what seems like forever and it is amazing that nobody snatched him up sooner. I think he will get some defensive talent for that team and with the offensive power that they are known for he could create a monster in Louisville. Kids remember what this team did in 2004 (11-1) and 2006 (12-1). I am sure that some recruits are now showing a renewed interest with the hiring of Strong.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I hope he has great success. He has been at Florida for what seems like forever and it is amazing that nobody snatched him up sooner. I think he will get some defensive talent for that team and with the offensive power that they are known for he could create a monster in Louisville. Kids remember what this team did in 2004 (11-1) and 2006 (12-1). I am sure that some recruits are now showing a renewed interest with the hiring of Strong.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: