Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Brohm is leaving FAU for the Illini

Back to the top

Re: Brohm is leaving FAU for the Illini

"Brohm will be reunited with new offensive coordinator Paul Petrino and tight ends coach Greg Nord" Any relation to Gary?

I knew Brohm would leave eventually but I didn't think it would be this soon. Best of luck to him at Illinois

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Not a surprise. He is a high level talent and FAU can't offer what a BCS school can offer.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Confirmed or not?

If so that sucks. I was hoping Howard was going to groom him for the reins after he decides to step down.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

It would not surprise me at all if Howard knew he would have Brohm for only one season. We caught Brohm at the right time to have him on the staff. It gave him a job for a year. So it benefited both parties. Maybe after he gets his Big 10 experience, he'll come back and take over for Schnellenberger.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Brohm is leaving FAU for the Illini

illinoisowl said

It would not surprise me at all if Howard knew he would have Brohm for only one season. We caught Brohm at the right time to have him on the staff. It gave him a job for a year. So it benefited both parties. Maybe after he gets his Big 10 experience, he'll come back and take over for Schnellenberger.

I would love to see him come back in a few years, but it is very unlikely. I think FAU would have to be out of the SBC for him to come back as a head coach. Fortunately the stadium will be in place in a couple years and that will make FAU more attractive for recruits as well as for future coaches.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAUALUM2005 said

Only that what is left in the "Howard pipeline"??

He's tapped two former coaches…who's left??
Back to the top

Terrible news for us!
Back to the top

Two thoughts…

1.  Why couldn't they take our defensive coaches?!?!

2.  QB coach Jared Allen?  Probably not enough coaching experience, but one day….
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

2.  QB coach Jared Allen?  Probably not enough coaching experience, but one day….

Agree…another year under the belt and "maybe".  Not enough time on the sideline with a whistle thus far…
Back to the top
Control functions: