Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF... still can't win a bowl

Add topic

I have looked all over the board. Am I missing this thread? No one wants to enjoy the UCF thrashing last night against Rutgers? Haha

28 years of college football and 0 bowl wins!! :-)
Back to the top

Re: UCF... still can't win a bowl

Yeah, I know, 2 is still > 0, but I'm hesitant to celebrate somebody's bowl loss when we're sitting at home for the holidays with very little hope for improvement next year.
Back to the top

I agree but when we went we won 8)
Back to the top

owl said

I have looked all over the board. Am I missing this thread? No one wants to enjoy the UCF thrashing last night against Rutgers? Haha

Rutgers would have beat FAU by 60 points.

And may I ask- what bowl game can I find FAU playing in this year?
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

owl said

haha you guys are so cute. keep waiting for a bowl victory. i knew that would be a UCF fan's comeback.
Back to the top

UCF... still can't win a bowl

owl said

UCFKnight85 said

owl said

haha you guys are so cute. keep waiting for a bowl victory. i knew that would be a UCF fan's comeback.

It's unfortunate that we didn't go to the New Orleans bowl to beat up on some Sun Belt team, but alas we again had to play a good opponent. Kind of like in 2007 when you beat a Memphis team that we annihilated earlier in the year, and we had to play an SEC team in our bowl game.

We'll see how far your "huge" bowl wins go when expansion rolls around.
Back to the top

It's hard for me to hate on UCF and celebrate another bowl loss for them. Our team is sitting at home when as badly as the Owls played this year, they were literally 2 plays from a 7-5 mark.

While I disagree with UCFKnight's assessment that Rutgers would beat us by 60…it's hard for me to realistically believe there's a lot of teams in the bowl field we'd have a chance against. In another thread I described how the Owls could have made a bowl had they not coughed up the Wyoming game. We'd either had ended up in the EagleBank bowl against Temple, or if the conferences agreed to shift some teams, perhaps be in the St. Pete Bowl against the Knights. With our D this year either game would make us longshots to win.

But I digress, no bowl game for us, bowl game for the Knights. I guess the point is, let's not show the poor sportsmanship and rub UCF's nose in it…at least when we don't get a bowl game. After all, what are we? FIU fans?! :)
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

owl said

UCFKnight85 said

owl said

It's unfortunate that we didn't go to the New Orleans bowl to beat up on some Sun Belt team, but alas we again had to play a good opponent. Kind of like in 2007 when you beat a Memphis team that we annihilated earlier in the year, and we had to play an SEC team in our bowl game.

We'll see how far your "huge" bowl wins go when expansion rolls around.

i never called the new orleans bowl nor the motor city bowl a "huge" bowl.

it's just HILARIOUS that you TRULY think the big east will look at you. you complain that you had to play "good opponents" and "SEC team" in your bowl games, yet you think you are ready to compete in the big east?  beat someone, anyone and then talk about "expansion." you guys should be in the sun belt with us. haha i love you UCF fans.
Back to the top

No thread maybe because we are goos d sports not wanting to rub it in, or maybe UCF just NOT WORTH OUR TIME!

Congrats on a good year but that really blew last night. Basically a home game and neither the team nor the fans showed up. Attendence bad, coaching bad, team bad, wow, 3 for 3! And losing lot's of senior starters on D now as well.

By the way, your wins this year were over; SAMFORD, Buffalo, Memphis, Rice, Marshall, Houston, UAB, Tulane. Aside form Houston, so what! Only one had a winning record. While we were not good, you really were not much better and that showed last night.
Back to the top

This thread is ridiculous. Sure we haven't won a bowl game in 28 years but we have only been division 1 since 1996. In our first year we went 9-2 and didn't sniff a bowl game. We had multiple winning season before Cusa but there weren't as many bowls back then and the MAC only had one guaranteed bowl. If we could play Memphis in a bowl game we would have a bowl win too. On another note UCF fans are not the only ones saying UCF would be a good fit for the big east and considering we were almost admitted back in 2003 I would say our chances are pretty good. Most UCF fans like FAU and we don't understand this hatred you have for us. We are all pulling for you to get a stadium and hope you do well but you cant honestly believe your program is at the same level as ours. Money , facilities and fan support is what creates long lasting success and your program just doesn't have that right now. So you can sit here and hate on us as much as you want but you Will never be in as good of a position as we are right now to get into a BCS conference.
Back to the top
Control functions: